2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Aaaaahhh!

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #30723

Those are some nice old roots!

Hope you feel like getting out a lot more to hunt sang, and be safe.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #30851

Hey Maya, sorry I didn't get a chance to answer your question earlier. I'm not sure the reason that all the dealers in my area always pay low. I actually didn't know they were paying low until I joined these forums and saw what others were getting. :woohoo:

Around here, there are really only 1 buyer per county, so the competition is pretty much not there. 2 seasons ago I drove 6 counties away to sell the seng to a dealer who claims he \"is the biggest ginseng buyer in the entire state\". He was paying $375 per pound dried, at the end of October. That's the best I could find, so that's where it went.

On a side note, I typically am lucky to find a pound dried in a season, so it's not like this is how I make my living. But hopefully some time in teh future I get to bring 3-5 pounds to a dealer, and I'd like to get the best price I can.

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #30868

Wow, that's ridiculous Mortis. I think I got $950 last year and about $750 the year before.

Got one good one today, and about a dozen other ones.
Attachments:

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #30870

maya wrote:

Vermontshang wrote:

Congratulations on some awesome root!! they pay so poorly because of the economy down south is much different than it is up north here. The buyer down south know the people need the money asap...it has always been like that and will NEVER change...very sad indeed. I am in pa. and prime old root is going for 500-750$ RIGHT NOW green, just have to know the right buyers. if someone tells you different they are lying, plain and simple.

Got a few more old ones yesterday. Still waiting for your answer. Who can I sell that to for $500-750 per pound?

B)

Well, maybe Vermontshang forgot to pay his cable bill... :laugh:

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #30875

that's some nice roots ! may I ask what state you live in maya ?

maya wrote:

Wow, that's ridiculous Mortis. I think I got $950 last year and about $750 the year before.

Got one good one today, and about a dozen other ones.

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #30886

WesternPaBilly, I'm in Vermont.

LOL BC!

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #30887

oh,ok thought maybe you were from Pa since you were pressing Vermontshang for a dealers name since he said he was in pa as well....

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #30894

More bueatiful seng there Maya..

Think I have that same countertop in my kitchen.

Keep digging man and keep posting pics.

TNhunter

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #30975

Well I couldn't go out today because I had to sell my apples at the local farmers market. We sold out !!! :cheer:
Attachments:

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #30977

If only I could harvest this much ginseng!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

Who's Online

We have 90 guests and no members online

Login