2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Aaaaahhh!

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #30980

That's a fine looking crop of apples my friend. If you were closer I would have took a half bushel off your hands.

Hillhopper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #30984

Mmmmmm Maya they look so yummy I'm drooling.

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #31112

Boy, I don't have any clue Frank. I'm not set up to ship at all. I'd have to think it would be expensive. Those medium flat rate boxes from usps are $12.65 and it would probably fit only about a peck or so. That would be way more than the cost of the apples!

Went out for a hike early this morning...no seng! I did have a good day at our roadside market and working in the orchard though.
Attachments:

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #31114

Maya,
I've got to compliment you on your fruit. It's just as well grown as the looks of your ginseng diggings. Really professional work! It's no wonder that you sell out. I've got to ask you about the varieties that you have pictured? I want to think that last picture might be Honey Crisp, but you may still have some Galas.
I hope you have a sell out season.

Hugh

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #31126

Good eye Hugh...Gala! I decided to plant a tall spindle high density orchard which provides greater light distribution and air flow throughout the trees. Apples color much better, so much so that some people question the apples. I'm growing 250 Honeycrisp in the tall spindle orchard and 30 on traditional central leader trees. No question the tall spindle are better quality. Here are some HC's.
Attachments:

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #31127

Maya,
Beautiful pictures of both varieties. Top notch pruning and training. In regard to shipping fruit...I bought a 22 lb. box of O'Henry peaches from McLeod Farms in South Carolina this summer and they cost just a little over $70.00. About 4 years ago I was paying about $40.00 for the same box. I could only dream of prices like that when I was growing.

Hugh

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #31173

Thanks Hugh. It's tough having two passions right now! Oh then hunting starts in a few weeks.:S

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #31175

Maya u truly have a green thumb. How many trees do you have? I bet ur house smells of all kinds of good yummy apple treats.:)

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #31200

Thanks Hobbler. I have a little over 1200 trees and 14 varieties.

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #31208

:woohoo: holly moley Maya no wonder ur so busy. I thought a small hobbies farm but ur a full blown apple orchard good for u man.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 823 guests and no members online

Login