2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: First post

First post 9 years 6 months ago #32747

I have been reading everyone's post and I have really enjoyed reading all that seen so far. Im from central KY and the seng here is scarce and over dug. I wish folks around here would practice some stewardship. That being sad I hunt every chance I can. I just love the hunt. I'm thinking about trying to plant some rootlets and seeds here my place, any advice would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone near Owensboro Ky wants to go digging or wants a digging buddy. Then im your guy! !!! Contact me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:First post 9 years 6 months ago #32749

Welcome! I've been lurking here as well since august and recently decided to make a profile. This is my first season messing with ginseng so my Only advice is to check your local laws before growing or planting anything, besides the stewardship practices of planting seeds as you harvest.
I don't understand how anyone can practice bad harvesting habits. It feels great to think about the hundreds of berries I've planted this season....I may even end up returning some of the roots I've kept green where they belong

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Who's Online

We have 480 guests and no members online

Login