2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: NC High Country Seng 2016

Re:NC High Country Seng 2016 7 years 6 months ago #39509

Wow, Nice!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NC High Country Seng 2016 7 years 6 months ago #39544

Got out for a couple hours today and still was able to get close to a pound even at this late date. This big one had that distinct yellow that you can't miss.
Attachments:

Re:NC High Country Seng 2016 7 years 6 months ago #39545

This one was a little farther gone.
Attachments:

Re:NC High Country Seng 2016 7 years 6 months ago #39546

Another nice 4
Attachments:

Re:NC High Country Seng 2016 7 years 6 months ago #39547

This would have been a big ol beautiful plant a few weeks ago, tallest plant of the day.
Attachments:

Re:NC High Country Seng 2016 7 years 6 months ago #39548

Last plant of the day was surprisingly still green and even had a couple red berries.
Attachments:

Re:NC High Country Seng 2016 7 years 6 months ago #39549

Some of the nicer roots of the day, couple of them were around 1.5 ounces.
Attachments:

Re:NC High Country Seng 2016 7 years 5 months ago #39552

I got out for one last time today and dug a little over a half pound. There would probably still be some plants standing next weekend, but I think I'll leave them for another year and start spending some time with the family and watching some football (after the performance of my vols against Bama I'm not so sure thats a good thing). Here was a few of my last nice plants.
Attachments:

Re:NC High Country Seng 2016 7 years 5 months ago #39553

Some of the better roots, nothing too impressive today, bottom one was a one ounce root.
Attachments:

Re:NC High Country Seng 2016 7 years 5 months ago #39554

Took this pic on the way out today, this normally should be peak leaf weekend here but it's not quite there yet, it's hard to tell in this pic, but there is quite a bit of color. This is took from about the 3600 foot level looking towards Table Rock and Hawksbill mountains that make up the rim of the Linville Gorge (the Grand Canyon of the East). I love being out in these mountains and getting paid to do it is an added bonus. I did better than last year and should end up with around 3.75 lbs figuring it on a conservative 3.8 to 1 drying ratio, think I dug about 229 green ounces this year. I haven't kept up with prices this year, but sure hope they improve from the last price I heard. I'll hold mine till the week of Thanksgiving like usual.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

Who's Online

We have 109 guests and no members online

Login