2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42112

wildspirit44 wrote: Boy, I bet it does get brutal up there on that roof in the summer. I'd love to have some easier places like that to hunt seng in. Even the places I hunt just off the road I have to climb up the side of a mountain, or down in a deep hollow.

same here 44 mine aint mountains but they are damn big hills for sure...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42113

I got one place I dig behind a graveyard. Can see my truck and there isn't 10 ft in elevation change. Have to be careful so nobody figurers out what I'm doing.

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42114

went early this morning and scouted a place. I will go back next week
to dig if it cools down like its supposed too...most plants were hurtin from lack of rain....
...aint seen a berry all year don't know what happened just no seeds this year,,,,,

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42116

Good to see you got some still standing there chief. That ground looks mighty hard. I'm planning on giving it a shot next week as well. I hope the mountains don't look as bad as my yard and the woods behind my house right now. Already got a layer of leaves in the yard. I've been putting out water for all the birds and animals around the house. They come in droves to drink. I'm guessing water is scarce out there right now. It's Like living in a dust bowl.

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42117

its the same here 44,i got a pond down in my woods and the deer,coons,squirrels are there almost every morning and evening these days,,92 degrees here today...

opening day... 4 years 5 months ago #42208

......when it rains it pours here..my old woman sister was told today she has colon cancer.the old woman has 2 brothers and one sister and they all have been told in the last 22 months they have colon cancer..my old woman is wearing out quick..she was checked 18 months ago and they said she was clear and ok, we sent her back 6 months ago ,clean and clear..makes me wonder with the rest of her brothers and sister just what is going on....

opening day... 4 years 5 months ago #42209

Sending up prayers for your family chief. I tell you that cancer is scary stuff. They say everyone has cancer cells in their body, and it just takes something to activate them. One of my cousins had colon cancer, but he caught it early, and is doing well. I guess something is gonna get all of us sooner or later. Just have to get right with the lord, and trust him that he will carry us through the storms of this life.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

opening day... 4 years 5 months ago #42210

thanks 44,

opening day... 4 years 5 months ago #42232

7 degrees ,4 inches of snow,25 mph wind,brrrrrrr,

opening day... 4 years 5 months ago #42233

That sounds like instant death to me chief. I Woke up to snow this morning. Suppose to Get down to 11 degrees here tonight. Time to put another log on the fire and break out the ole Jack Daniels, lol.
Attachments:

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Who's Online

We have 69 guests and no members online

Login