2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40606

I got 3/4 of an inch of rain last night it came hard and fast..those plants that were burnt I imagine the rain pouned the plants down..iam going to try and get out this week but iam not hopful at what I will find..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40608

Hey chief, glad you got some rain. I just checked my extended forcast here, and it's suppose to be much warmer in mid to high 80's pretty much for the next two weeks. Hope I get at least some thunder showers mixed in there. I hate those hot stretches we usually get in September, but it is what it is. Good luck to you this week.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40610

44, I decided to go check a woods I dug in 9 days ago.then most plants in this woods were half yellow half green..this is what they look like now..temps. are going to be 90 to 95 degrees for the next 6 days..i guess I had a good season .even though it only lasted 17 days.. I think iam done....

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40612

Man those long droughts sure take a toll on everything. I remember last season was pretty rough on the woods. It don't take to many weeks of hot dry weather to really work on the ginseng. Looks like you did really well with your limited season.

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40614

44 ,we had plenty of rain early on.but when Aug. hit..we didn't get any rain..i think it would be gone sooner but in Aug.it was cool but dry..now the last 20 days the heats been on and is going to be for another week.....its been 36 days now since I mowed my yard..

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40632

one thing about this hot dry weather is my roots are drying out fast...got about a half pound left on the drying rack and all mine will be dry...

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40633

went out Monday and couldn't find anything.......I think its pretty much done for the year

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40634

hot for sure. Went out yesterday to follow up on my hunt from the day before, and dug I guess about 6 oz. It got hot and actually pretty humid really quick, and the nats were driving me nuts even with bug spray. I decided to leave after about an hour and a half. I think its suppose to cool down next week. Will hit it again, wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of yellow ones laying down by then.

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40635

what state are you in 44?

opening day... 6 years 6 months ago #40636

Hey jimsanger, I'm here in east tennessee close to gatlinburg.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Who's Online

We have 339 guests and no members online

Login