2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: TNHunter 2017 Ginseng Season

TNHunter 2017 Ginseng Season 6 years 5 months ago #40837

Time to think about deer hunting a bit... Cole and I went on opening day of Juv Season... but only had one deer come by and it came in behind us and got away before Cole could get his sights on him. Looked like a nice young deer which is what we prefer for eating.

We will have to get us one or two during the regular season.

Below is a Pic of my crab apple tree in the back yard. This is about 25 yards off my back porch.

5-6 years ago a nice 8 pointer rubbed it up good... and you can see that old wound... but now another one has worked it over (the fresh marks).

Making it hard on my crab apple. Time for some pay back.

TNHunter
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by TNhunter.

TNHunter 2017 Ginseng Season 6 years 5 months ago #40838

Last pic of the day...

A couple of years ago, while seng hunting I found this nice 9 pointer (skull and all)...

I mounted him above my shed door outback... Something interesting to look at when I have to get something from the shed... lawnmower, tiller, tools, etc..

TNHunter

Attachments:

TNHunter 2017 Ginseng Season 6 years 5 months ago #40840

TN, i've been tempted to hit the woods as well past couple days to see if anything was still standing, but I opted to give it a rest and go fishing instead. The color is really nice this year it's good to get out and do anything. Nice couple bass there! Like you i'm waiting around to see what the price does. My roots are actually all dry. Hope we all get a decent reward for our hard work sure does come in handy with the holidays around the corner. Good luck with the hunting/fishing TN!

TNHunter 2017 Ginseng Season 6 years 5 months ago #40841

Wow, that is an awesome find! I've always wanted to find a nice shed, but you have to be pretty lucky to find one. Nice buck sign as well. Hunting off the back porch with a hot cup of coffee sure beats a tree stand swaying with the breeze..:laugh: Hope you guys get a big one this season.

TNHunter 2017 Ginseng Season 6 years 5 months ago #40845

Good to hear you guys are keeping busy and wearing those crappy out. Had our fall turkey season around here and now I’m waiting on opening day for whitetail season. As for the sang I sold my last week for $620/pound. From everything I’m being told the prices have peaked and may fall back a little but who knows they could go up further. Best of luck to you guys.

TNHunter 2017 Ginseng Season 6 years 5 months ago #40865

Had some free time this evening and brought down my window screens and checked my seng. It was of course nice and dry and good color too.

This is one of those once a year things... where I get to look it all over and pick out what I want to keep and sell the rest.

I always look to keep smaller roots if possible, that have good age to them 20 years or more.

Below is a Pic of my Keep to Eaters for this season.. and the pile that I have to sell.

I will have to check around on the price some more now and see what they are saying. It is boxed up and ready to go now when the time or price is looking right.

TNHunter

Attachments:

Last Edit: by TNhunter.

TNHunter 2017 Ginseng Season 6 years 5 months ago #40866

fine looking root ,TN,congrats on a good season...

TNHunter 2017 Ginseng Season (SOLD) 6 years 5 months ago #40873

Made the trip over to Wayne County this evening and sold my little pile of seng to Jack Davis there... 580.00 / lb..

I had 12 oz total... 435.00

Happy !

It may go higher and for those of you that have not sold yet, I hope it does.

TNHunter

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds

Who's Online

We have 322 guests and no members online

Login