2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Fall, Spring, and Winter hunting/fishing

Fall crappie on the lake 6 years 3 weeks ago #40984

fried up some blue gills for dinner last night so delicious.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 years 3 weeks ago #40985

Got a few inches of snow Friday. Slowed things down but got a few today.
Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 years 3 weeks ago #40986

Man those fillets look mighty good Hobler. Nice going on the trapping as well. Yesterday was the first day that I was able to get out in seems like forever. It's rained every weekend here for the past 4 or 5 weeks, lol. We just had major flooding with torrential rains 3 days ago. It was beautiful yesterday. The river was still to high to mess with, but I went up to my ginseng hunting property and did some creek walking and a little sluicing just to get out of the house and get some fresh air. I managed to find couple nice little pieces which was a bonus.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 years 3 weeks ago #40987

Creek exploring

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 years 3 weeks ago #40988

Up the creek
Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 years 3 weeks ago #40989

Few nice little pieces
Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 years 3 weeks ago #40990

good looking fish ,good looking fur,and a good looking creek.......well the oldest grandson bought me and the woman tickets to a NBA game so tomorrow we are headed to Chicago to watch the Bulls and the Celtics ...I aint no nba fan but when the grandson invites you ,you go...we will hit the museum and get bite to eat before the game....

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 years 3 weeks ago #40991

Hey Folks... I got in a little spring yote hunting this past Saturday evening.

Just as the sun was sitting, the wife and I went for a walk... we often walk from our house to the main county road and back (right at 1 mile) to get a little exercise and especially to enjoy a nice evening.

When we got back home, out the ridge behind the house a yote let out a couple of calls... I went inside right quick and grabbed my 17 hmr (with 4x12 scope), and a mouth call (cotton tail rabbit).. and went out to the back yard edge and sit down at the base of a big white oak.

Propped that 17 hmr up on my knee and let out a few rounds of rabbit in distress calls... waited about 30 seconds and nothing.... then repeated the calls again... and just as I stopped the second round, this nice yote trotted right up from the woods into the edge of my field and stopped broadside at 100 yards looking my way.

It was too late for him... my cross hairs were already on him. Zaaaaaappppp... right behind the shoulder, in the lungs.

He did the classic yote thing, tried to bite his side while spinning around in a circle a couple times then ran as hard as he could down the point. He crashed about 30 yards later.

I really don't like yotes, and love it when i get to take one out.

TNHunter

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 years 3 weeks ago #40992

Nice shot TN, sounds like an exciting end to the day. Man we got coyotes everywhere around here I see them often in the fields along the road even mid day sometimes. You can really hear em on a cold crisp clear night raising hell. I was down in the woods right behind my house right before dark one evening fetching something I had left in there, and I heard a whole pack of em yelping and screaming like they do. They couldn't have been more than couple hundred yards from me. I didn't have my gun with me. I high tailed it back to the house, lol. It was an eerie feeling indeed kinda like something out of a movie.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 6 years 3 weeks ago #40993

the best kinda of yote TN,a dead yote.....had a great time at the museum,ate some fine pizza and a few brews..the game sucked.....it was 29 to 5 halfway through the first quarter ,it was a blow out by half time...I know why I aint no NBA fan...no defense ,90% 3 point shots...no fouls, players carrying the ball 3 and 4 steps,no traveling calls ,,basketball aint what it used to be.....

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds

Who's Online

We have 404 guests and no members online

Login