2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: High Mountain Sengin 2018

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41352

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41353

Attachments:

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41354

Attachments:

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41355

a cold one and a bowl full of root, cant beat that...,our heat wave broke today so as soon as it quits raining i'll be back out....nice plants....

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41356

thanks chief, it's hard to beat for sure. I think I may let her rest this weekend, and hit it again next week. Glad to hear it's cooling down for you.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41365

Same here Cheif, it's cooled down. Tomorrow's high here is 69!!! Woohoo! Lol

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41366

44, that's some beautiful Seng!

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41367

Good idea on the kit. I'm going to fix me up one as well!

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41369

thanks trapper!, been a good season so far for the most part. I love when everything is green and healthy, but gotta say i'm ready for some cooler temps, and some of that pretty gold seng that you find in the fall. Even though that's a sign of tail end of the season there's just something about that cool fall weather and those droopy gold tops, love it! Good choice on that first aid kit as well. Always good to be prepared, can't believe I haven't taken one in the past!

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41372

Awesome pictures there 44! Starting to give me the fever real bad though! This year has started out on a bit of a somber note for me. A good friend who is Chinese and goes ginsenging with my uncle and myself during the season, may not be going anymore. My uncle goes to Hillsville Virginia each year to a big citywide garage sale. This year the date was 8/31. Since he has some health issues, he took 9/1 off to recuperate before hitting the woods. Our friend Weng went ginsenging by himself and something happened with his heart. We are not sure as of yet as to exactly what happened. We are hoping he didn't have a heart attack. He told my uncle he was sure he was going to die in the woods. I am hoping that maybe he just had heat stroke/exhaustion as it was blazing hot that day. He's 68 years old and he just flies through the woods. Hopefully he will be able to find out what happened and is able to go as he does love it. Consequently, my uncle has only gone 3 times as he is afraid to go by himself in his current condition. So I just wanted to stress to everyone that if you go by yourself take every precaution to let people know where you will be and what time to expect you back. Anything can happen. We all love ginsenging, but our health and well being is most important.I'm heading out on 9/14. Hoping for 2 good weeks of ginsenging but with the current Hurricane heading somewhere toward the east coast, I'm hoping that it misses as it will mean rain more than likely for a few days. Stay safe and keep digging guys!

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds

Who's Online

We have 381 guests and no members online

Login