2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: High Mountain Sengin 2018

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41437

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41438

44 you are killing me! Take it easy on this heart o' mine with your provocative and revealing ginseng photos! LOL! Very nice photos! Keep up the good work!

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41439

lol, don't want to do that now!..Thanks. I tell ya I think today about killed me. The Humidity was unreal! Wasn't fit for man or beast. I drank two large gatorades inside of an hour easy!

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41440

9 oz. of hard earned sang beats nothing....iam in the same boat...heat and humidity is coming back here at least through the weekend ..don't know how much digging I will get in the next few days..highs in the low 90's don't sound good to me....maybe some short early morning hunts..

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41441

Hard earned indeed. Makes you wonder if it's ever going to cool down. I can deal with some humidity, but it was downright dangerous out there today. The air was thick as molasses, and it started right out of the gate this morning to. Be careful in that heat guys it can sneak up on ya!

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41442

Looks good 44, keep piling it up brother. I know what you mean about that humidity. The last few times I've been out, I've been taking an extra shirt and plenty of rags. I'm bald and have to make a sweat band out of the rags. Lol

This weekend is going to be high 80s and high humidity. Come on 65 degree weather!!!!

You guys be safe out there and drink plenty of water!

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41443

thanks trapper, and yes make sure you bring plenty of water for sure! I was just looking at the forecast here and it's suppose to be warm and humid for the rest of September!, ugh. Maybe there's a good part to this though, maybe it will prolong the season a little and keep everything green longer who knows. Guess I'll just have to do some short morning hunts. Heck, I hate to, but might even wait till October to get back out, lol. Be safe guys, and dig a bunch!

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41445

early morning hunts is the way iam goin..unless it gets to bad..they are saying hot here for another4 days....its 3:30 and its 91 degrees...seems like its hotter than that this afternoon..not a lick of a breeze....

Last Edit: by Chieftain.

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41490

Well, finally got a little digging in this afternoon, and felt good to be back in the woods for a while. I wanted to go up to the mountain this morning, but had some other things I had to do. I didn't have much time today so I went this afternoon for an hour or two not far from my house to a ridge I hunted couple years ago. It runs parallel to the river, and I had to wade the river to get to it, which I didn't mind still being a bit warm and humid. I dug 7 oz's and a good 2.7 oz root which came off a big 4 with two prongs broke off. I saw where there has been some other diggers in there, which I expected. Good looking ridge though, I may go back. Hope to head up to the mountain next though, weather willing!

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41491

A little afternoon river seng!

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Who's Online

We have 427 guests and no members online

Login