2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Seng 2018

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41448

Looks like another nice pile there trapper!. Suppose to rain here today and tomorrow, and then clears off, but humid rest of the month. I might have to draw me up some kind of plan for next week after seeing this, lol. Nice work!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41449

wildspirit44 wrote: Looks like another nice pile there trapper!. Suppose to rain here today and tomorrow, and then clears off, but humid rest of the month. I might have to draw me up some kind of plan for next week after seeing this, lol. Nice work!

Thanks 44! Yeah same here on the weather. I'm sure hoping we start getting these 70 highs and 50 lows soon! This humidity has been rough.

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41450

Good quality digging, we'll done

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41451

nice job UB.too darn hot here ..I tried yesterday ,I dug six or 8 plants..it was93 degrees ..I couldn't wait to get back in the air conditioning ..no relief from the heat till next weekend.....

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41457

Thanks fellas! I had another good evening on Tuesday. I dug 13.2 oz. This Seng was from seed I had put down 20 years ago and hadn't been back. It had been select cut and it was full of briars and weeds with just a few trees around. I was surprised that it did so well.

I'm going to head out this morning, Lord willing, before the heat sets in. I took a vacation day. Cooler weather starting tomorrow!!! 60s this weekend! Have a great day guys and I hope you dig a pile!!!
Attachments:

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41460

Nice pile trapper!, looks like some good quality root. I'd love to get out there, but you can't even get up early enough to beat the dang heat around here. The humidity was at 97 percent at 7am this morning, lol. I went to the river yesterday to do a little trout fishing and it was 95 heat index, and going to be the same today. Hell, it wasn't any hotter than this in July, lol. There comes a point where you just gotta let mother nature do her thing. We're just along for the ride! You have an awesome harvest going there, keep it up partner!

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41463

fine looking root congrats...

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41465

Thanks 44 and Cheif! Well I got back a couple hours ago. I dug 12.10 oz. It was old and chunky. The clouds and breeze moved in and it was a nice day. Have a good evening fellas!
Attachments:

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41468

Nice roots!, I'm wanting to go bad. I'm shooting for 1st week in October. As much as I love it I'm not gonna battle the heat right now, not in the kind of terrain we have in these mountains, lol. I'll just have to enjoy y'alls pics till then. Good and safe digging fellas!

Seng 2018 5 years 6 months ago #41470

Thanks fellas!!! I went this morning and dug 11.25oz. That puts my season total at 121 oz (green). The most I've ever dug in a season is 137oz (green). I wear out pretty fast. About 4 hours and I'm done. If we had Mountains like you 44, I'd never make it. Lol
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Who's Online

We have 201 guests and no members online

Login