2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: High Mountain sengin 2019

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 7 months ago #42061

tomorrow is the opener here,guess I will go,sunday rain all day they say and next week 4 days of 90 degree temps ,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 7 months ago #42062

Attachments:

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 7 months ago #42063

Found one already that's turned yellow and about gone, awful dry out there right now
Attachments:

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 7 months ago #42064

Hope you dig a bunch chief. Send some of that rain our way. Be careful in that heat take it slow and stay hydrated. I just did some work around the yard and it's like a desert out there, brutal.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 7 months ago #42065

sure hope you get some rain 44,that dry weather sure takes a toll on the plants....

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 7 months ago #42087

Hey fellas! 44 you like like you're doing fine this season! Chief, the hot weather has been terrible here as well. I've been out once for an hour and a half. I dug 3 0z. That's the only time I've been. I've been working 7 days a week since the July 4th weekend! I was off for Labor day weekend but that's it. I don't know if I'm going to get to go much or not. It was 97 here yesterday but supposed to have a break coming. I hope you guys dig a bushel!

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 7 months ago #42088

Hey trapper, It don't look like the temps are going to cooperate this month. It's terrible dry out there too. I think I might just hold on to what i've dug already and it will give me a nice head start to next season. I've heard the prices this year may be a little iffy, but you know how that goes. I may take a look around come late September or early October, but that's kinda where i'm at with it this year. I love that sengin, but not enough to get out there in this kind of heat, lol. Hope you get some time off to enjoy some good time in the woods!

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 7 months ago #42090

good hearing from ub...iam like 44 iam not sure what to do about this years season,hot, dry, low prices,so I don't know what ill do....

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 7 months ago #42091

Went down to the river yesterday to check it out. The water is about down to nothing and the water temp was about like bath water. It's usually cold even in the summer months. Downright scary. Good time to do some gold crevicing though. Lots of exposed bedrock out there, lol. Not much rain expected in the extended forecast except for a few isolated thunderstorms.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 7 months ago #42092

bet that's right with the low water,better spots to prospect,hot and no rain here for another week they say,highs in the 90's every day this week.....

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Who's Online

We have 261 guests and no members online

Login