2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: 6 or 16 prong plant ?

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6786

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys,,,,S.O.S. ?

I got the video transferd from his phone to mine,but

I can not get the file to play on my computer it keeps saying that not one of my media players can reconise the file.

I am working on this trying to figure out the deal.I have never tryed to do this.

The two photos he took where blury but the video is very good I just need to figure this out and I can take good pictures from the video and also edit the video once I figure out how to transfer it.

Im trying guys,I surE wish I would have had my video camera on me grrrrrr,,it was supposed to rain bad,so I didnt take it,and it never even rained that day :(

I will get it though.

Billy.

UPDATE on this post.

The video looked good on the phone,but it was very poor quality once transfered to the computer :( I tryed sevral different ways,but none where the better.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6787

billy,

great find! look forward to the pics and the videos.

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6788

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
bglong wrote:

Hey Billy,

I'm pretty new here. Maybe I'm out of line to say this, but I'm dying here:lol: . I can't wait to see it.

My dad grew up practically across the line in Virginia from you in Pennington Gap. They actually border Harlan Co. I have an uncle there who is the one who got me interested in Seng. He didn't dig any this year. Keeps grumbling aout how they don't want to pay you the price for it any more. I just think it's his bad knees keeping him out of the hard places.
I appreciate a forum where you can talk about your faith and not get ridiculed for it. Even over at Trapperman you can't say anything without someone having something to say. I am a Christian too, and really like how you thank the Lord for everything.

Now, after church today go see your friend, ok?:laugh:

Bill

LoL bglong I am as you I want to see this bad I have worked on this for about an hour now with no avail,but I will get it if I have to take it to someone who can fix the problem for me.

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6794

WOW! congrats on the find Billy looking forward to the pics or video. I have never found anything over 4....but the very last root I found/dug this year was a huge double stem 4-prong that stood bout 20-25 inches high It was yellow wilted and was like what billy described very fragile. The root weighed around 3oz. The interesting thing bout this double stem was that you could tell it had come up like that for the past 3 years as the plant had sent up just 1 stalk 23 times or years. Then the past 4 times/years it sent up the double stem and the scares are even or symetrical. One side is the others mirror image in evey way size, shape, hieght,and width. The hunting was slim pickens that day with the season drawing to a close so after I dug it I said to myself Thats it I'm done for the year and ended on that note.

---Again congrats Billy that one sound like one of a kind!!!

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6795

Hey Billy,

What is the extension on the video filename ?

The video files that I record via my daughters ipod nano are named like.

IMG_0052.mp4

The .mp4 is the extension.

Youtube can accept and play a lot of various video types - so even if you don't have a player on your computer for it - you may be able to go ahead and upload to youtube and it may play just fine there.

If you can tell me the extension, I can probably find you a download application/player for it. I will sure try.

Thanks

TNhunter

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6801

Some of the newer 3G phones you may have do download/install a 3gp player to view on your PC. A quick web search found one site below with a download/applicaton option.

www.reganam.com/3gp-player.htm

Again - even though you can't play it on your PC because you don't have a player for it there, you can go ahead and upload to Youtube - they have players for almost all video formats.

TNhunter

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6806

Hey Billy,

If you do have video in 3gp format and you need to convert it to a more standard PC type video format (like avi or mpg) you might try the 3pg converters that are available online.

Once you convert it from 3gp to avi or mpg you should be able to edit or play with the software you already have on your PC.

I found a couple - links below:

www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-3GP-Video-Converter.htm

convert3gptompg.com/

Can't wait to see it !

TNhunter

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6816

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Bird Nerd wrote:

WOW! congrats on the find Billy looking forward to the pics or video. I have never found anything over 4....but the very last root I found/dug this year was a huge double stem 4-prong that stood bout 20-25 inches high It was yellow wilted and was like what billy described very fragile. The root weighed around 3oz. The interesting thing bout this double stem was that you could tell it had come up like that for the past 3 years as the plant had sent up just 1 stalk 23 times or years. Then the past 4 times/years it sent up the double stem and the scares are even or symetrical. One side is the others mirror image in evey way size, shape, hieght,and width. The hunting was slim pickens that day with the season drawing to a close so after I dug it I said to myself Thats it I'm done for the year and ended on that note.

---Again congrats Billy that one sound like one of a kind!!!

Bird Nerd thank you,but I also must say that the double is a great find and I have never found one like the one you described perfect in all them semetrics,a outstanding find and what a great root....Congrats to you also.

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6817

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
TNhunter wrote:

Hey Billy,

If you do have video in 3gp format and you need to convert it to a more standard PC type video format (like avi or mpg) you might try the 3pg converters that are available online.

Once you convert it from 3gp to avi or mpg you should be able to edit or play with the software you already have on your PC.

I found a couple - links below:

www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-3GP-Video-Converter.htm

convert3gptompg.com/

Can't wait to see it !

TNhunter

Tnhunter Thank you very much for all of your help,I would have replyed ,but I have not had time today untill now to get on the computer but thanks alot for your time in helping me with that.

We did figure it out earlyer this evening.

Re:6 or 16 prong plant ? 13 years 5 months ago #6818

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
OK. Guys I did get the video from my friends phone.I was glad,but I must tell you the quality of the video is horrable to say the best.I wish so much I would have taking my video camera that day.If I had known what I was about to find I would have even if the rain destroyed it.

The video is so blurry that I transfered the entire video into j-peg files with the rad bink and smaker video tool.I went through over 1,300 pictures to try and get the best quality I could to show you all this plant,and still it was hard so I used paint to mark the photos to try and show you all the way the plant was before I touched it and it fell apart.

So hear is the best I could do guys.I will still edit the video and load it,but it is poor quality....

This 1st photo shows the 6 main prongs that came off where the normal 3 or 4 prongs are.I have them numbered.That is what makes this plant a natural six prong to me.....

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds

Who's Online

We have 410 guests and no members online

Login