2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you

Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 3 months ago #26882

WaHooo....Boyz,
Its time to get dem ticks pulled off dem dogz, knock the dust off dat little brown jug, tell the couzin wife to paint her face and put a on a dat goin to town dress cuz the beverly pill-bellies are a comin to a mountain top near you.

On Jan 9 the history channel kicks off a new reality show.

http://www.aenetworks.com/article/history-announces-brand-new-series-appalachian-outlaws

Im sure that this will be a good description of the show considering it is A&E.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 3 months ago #26883

Kduce,
I hope you're wrong but I wouldn't bet on it.
Redbeard

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 3 months ago #26884

Oh this is just great. Now everyone is going to be looking for our favorite plant.
Thanks for the heads up tho Kduce.
Time to increase our efforts on hiding our seng and increasing security measures.
Latt

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 3 months ago #26885

APPALACIAN OUTLAWS profiles the growers, the diggers and the middlemen in this dangerous new world money grab premiering Thursday, January 9 at 10PM ET/PT on HISTORY

Lovely...I couldn't read any farther than that. >:

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 3 months ago #26887

I will be damned! Why couldn't these idiots have kept their ass out of this!Those that weren't in the woods before, are going to be now and it's sure not the best thing for it to be publicized to the world that it's secretly grown. What grower would let a TV crew come to his property in the first place????? You know how they do this crap, EVERYBODY on the show will be making money hand over fist. The people who had never give it a second thought will probably go to the woods as soon as Spring hits. The best thing that could happen for Ginseng (and us) is for the majority of this country to forget about Ginseng....
Not now!

I honestly hope this show bombs and is pulled asap

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 2 months ago #26888

While I wish more of ginsengs place in american history was brought to light I personaly don,t wish our plant or people to be made a mockery of and hope that,s not what this is .I will give the show a chance but if I feel it,s setup I won,t watch twice.

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 2 months ago #26890

Sent this to the contact fella at the TV Show:
Good morning Barry,
This is Latt on Wildgrown.com. I have recently been made aware on our ginseng forum that a new TV program has been slated to air on Jan 9th called Appalachian Outlaws that will be based on diggers, and growers of ginseng. I am sure there will be many dramatic moments pertaining to poachers, trespassing etc. Imust say I am extremely concerned for the exposure this program will shed on our plant Ginseng. It is an extremely delicate plant. I know that this program is going to air regardless of what I say or how I feel. All I am asking is that someone please consider the plant in all of this. Perhaps the program will have already taken this into consideration and emphasized the importance of practicing good stewardship pertaining to ginseng. If not perhaps it could be considered for future episodes if they have not already been filmed. This program has the potential to be very damaging to the future existence of our wild ginseng population. I am sure it will make for interesting TV. However, this has the potential to come at a cost. The cost is more pressure on our wild ginseng population.
Thank you in advance for taking time to read this email.
Sincerely,

Latt

Sent from my iPad

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 2 months ago #26895

Fellows,
Take a look at this sneak peak video of the series and then throw up:unsure:
I got enough of this in real life during digging season this year for a season's run. This will really make us look good.

Hugh

http://www.history.com/shows/appalachian-outlaws/videos/appalachian-outlaws-sneak-peek?m=5189719baf036&s=All&f=1&free=false

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 2 months ago #26896

That's what I figured. Staged and scripted by people who don't know enough about it for it to even seem believable. Maybe it will convince the one's that have never been off asphalt. I figured i would be shaking my head in disgust when this came out. If I had to bet, I'd say that long haired fella didn't know what ginseng was until somebody showed him and the producers probably picked him up on the side of the road somewhere between California and here.

Hillhopper

Re:Ginseng Reality Show coming to a holler near you 10 years 2 months ago #26897

If this had been a documentary or a mini series shedding some light on this subject and informative; I would have welcomed,looked forward to it and probably bought a copy to save. I just can't see it doing ginseng any good and at the very least making a mockery out of this subject and our kind by people who don't know anything about \"it or us\".

Hillhopper

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Who's Online

We have 675 guests and no members online

Login