2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34436

Hello and thanks for having this cool site!

My 2 cents on this tv show goes like this.....I am from Feyette County WV. First time I ever went in the woods hunting as a child was ginseng hunting with my uncle Tim. Seng hunting is a tradition in my family and in Wv.

When I turned 18, I went in the Navy and retired after 20 years and moved back home. I have heard every stereotype of West Virginia possible and I am hear to tell you they think we are basically thought of as a bunch of inbred hicks and welfare people!!! I say that to say this, I watch this show and hear Tony (yes I know him personally) talk about \"loyalty\"!!! Well I am thinking Tony maybe has never been outside of Nicholas county and just don't know any better!! My point is....Thanks Tony for carrying on the tradition of outside folks thinking we are just a bunch of stupid inbred criminals and basically throwing us \"REAL\" Mountaineers under the bus so you can line you greedy pockets!!!!

I will \"BURN\" every root I dig before I ever sell another root to you!! YOU ARE NOT A MOUNTAINEER!!!!!!! You have been dismissed! Wanna talk? 304-663-3911

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34437

I don't take the show too seriously and enjoy it quite a bit. It's quite realistic also, after all how many of us sang hunters don't take hundred's of feet of rope with us and go straight down over cliffs rather then walking around them

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34438

All I want to know is where they hide the packmules,knives guns ammo,screwdrivers digging sticks rope backpacks,I might make it into the woods but they'd have to fly me back out.Is fun to watch though.

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34439

I wonder what the West Virginia tourism advocates think of AO. Depicting the area as overrun with heavily armed, backstabbing, thieving, toothless, cousin humping, illiterate, drunken rednecks must be doing wonders for the state's image.

Good Luck

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34446

I thought I heard the one guy say he's from Kentucky, and you have to buy a $25 permit to dig, and the state only allows a person to dig 1 pound per year. And that was why he went to WV so he could dig more root.

Is that true? I never heard that law, although I'm not from KY so I have no idea.

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34447

The only place I know of that there's a permit is in the Daniel Boone national forest land,mainly resulting from overharvesting.At least that's all the information I can find,not sure about that 1 lb limit may be that they have various price/lb levels like I heard of around the smokies.

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34448

Yes its a 1lb green limit,and the permit is is subject to area restrictions,ill look first next time B)

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34450

off topic, but if anyone watched the January 24th show called \"America Unearthed\" on the history2 channel with Scott Wolter, that was me in the green shirt at the boulder inscription in the first 20 minutes of that show, anyone watch this show ?

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34451

In ky the only place you need a permit is the D.B.N.F and it,s twenty dollars and the root has to be for personal use only. private land needs no permit and has no limit on pound,s you can harvest i dont believe any real digger from ky wouldnt know that but fake shows dont care about the real facts anyway.i wonder how many of last years newbies learned the shows b.s. the hard way

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34452

Is it about the templars?

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 431 guests and no members online

Login