2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34453

yes, ole Scott going off on his favorite subject....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34454

here's a behind the scenes pic a friend was able to snap...
Attachments:

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34455

I figured it was possibly from last years digging although I know people dig out of season

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34457

If a permit was required in Kentucky,there wouldn't be near as much poaching because there would be enforcement one can hope.Guess they figured getting on tv was easier.

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34461

Mortis wrote:

I thought I heard the one guy say he's from Kentucky, and you have to buy a $25 permit to dig, and the state only allows a person to dig 1 pound per year. And that was why he went to WV so he could dig more root.

Is that true? I never heard that law, although I'm not from KY so I have no idea.

No bag limits under KY on legal ginseng harvest of private property. Of course, one should follow trespassing and theft laws and seek permission.

As for public property, one would need to obtain permission, also. The only public lands I know that you can obtain \"permission\" would be the Daniel Boone National Forest, via a permit, with a fee, and harvest limit; also this ginseng would be for personal use only, not commercially. DBNF also restricts harvest season narrower than for the state as a whole.

Links for KY ginseng information:
www.kyagr.com/marketing/ginseng.html
Important Dates
Harvesting Season: September 1 - December 1

Buying Season:
Green Starts September 1
Dry Starts September 15 - March 31
April 15 - deadline for certifying previous fall harvest

Daniel Boone Links:
www.fs.usda.gov/main/dbnf/passes-permits/forestproducts
www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5439001.pdf

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34464

Thanks for the info. I guess the statement in the show was actually kinda true then, not a flat out lie.

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34516

did the guy on the last episode of AO call what looked like possibly Virginia creeper 5 leaf poison ivy ?

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34517

PAbilly,
You're right, he did call Virginia Creeper 5 leaf poison ivy, but... here in the South I have heard it called poison ivy for years and years. I think it is more of a misnomer rather than downright ignorance. When you hear something called a name from your youth onward, you just kind of get a handle that sounds right, but you're correct.

Hugh

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34521

I was going to say the same thing. I've never rubbed it on my arm before, does Virginia Creeper cause any rash or itching?

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34523

being quite sensitive to poison ivy all my life, I've never known Virginia creeper to be a problem but never messed around with it to much. You would think that if they are going to associate another plant with a plant as well known as poison ivy is it would be somewhat itch causing you would think..

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 507 guests and no members online

Login