2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34566

So they send these guys into \"woods that hasn't seen a human in 30 - 40 years\". Yet, you see the guy walking through the woods on an ATV trail. And the other guy is canoeing down a river, and you can see peoples houses and cars parked on a road in the background. This is comical.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34567

I posted on the face book page ..does anyone find it odd the guy robbing the other guy are both being follow by the same cable channel with the Same camera crews. Either way there making cash and were sitting here watching so it's working , kinda like a bad train wreck or iggy's butt you just can't stop watching

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34568

I don't really see a problem with the film crews doing this, they could be independent of one another. Although I do wonder how many are a part of that crew, if there are like 3 or more it would more easily give the position away to the sang hunters looking back or the ones looking ahead.
I thought it was interesting how the guys who were waiting at the metal scrap building for someone to follow, wouldn't you think that guy would go home first for supplies and take at least 1/2 hour, hour till he went back out again and these guys following him really wouldn't know if he was going out again that day etc. One might think it would possibly be a lot of waiting around for the person to head back out in the woods ?

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34571

Yeah, I thought the same thing Sysbee, I'm sure both camera crews have radios and are talking to each other. In reality, the entire thing is completely staged, they film the whole season worth of episodes in about 3 days of shooting, all the characters are probably all buddies and go out for a drink after filming with all the camera guys. And if anyone wanted to follow me around waiting for me to find my honey-hole, they'd give up from boredom before they got much. I'm just as likely to drive to Subway for a sandwich than I am to drive to the middle of nowhere without permission and hike 32 miles in from the truck on a hunch that I may find a few roots. :)

This is all just made for TV entertainment, and not really all the serious about ginseng digging. It's only 1 step away from being an episode of Law & Order.

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34579

Mortis wrote:

It's only 1 step away from being an episode of Law & Order.

That show is only 1 banjo picking hillbilly on a bridge away from being \"deliverance\".

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34585

K_duce wrote:

Mortis wrote:

It's only 1 step away from being an episode of Law & Order.

N
That show is only 1 banjo picking hillbilly on a bridge away from being \"deliverance\".

Too funny K-duce.... but probably the most accurate description of that show that I've seen! ROTFLOL
IF anyone believes that anything on that show isn't staged they have got to be pretty naive and that is being as politically correct as I can put it....

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34638

What I thought was funny on this week's episode is that the guy hiked for 3 days through the woods and crossed a river that was supposed to be in Logan County and I have been there many times and there is not a river that size in Logan county. He then gets to the honey hole and when the theives showed up he ran up on the hill and came out a river or stream how many river bottoms have you seen up on mountain? then crosses that stream and hops a plane, so why didn't he just start out at the landing strip could have saved him 3 days of hiking. And then he meets Tony Coffman at the airfield and gives him $20,000 or was $25,000 dollars a pound for green ginseng that was dug that same day.

I guess that Tony is getting a lot of money per episode to subsidize those hefty payouts. When I contacted him this past fall the highest he was paying was $750 per pound but mostly around the $650 range. I hope his reputation is worth what History Channel is paying him. Sorry for the rant but it is pretty ridiculous that they act like this is a documentary. If half of the crimes that were portayed it would be allovert the news.

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34642

Yep. While it's kind of entertaining (at least for me), it's pretty stupid. All this violence is really off-putting. And I'm sure it's not doing the reputation of mountain folk any good. It's ridiculous what those guys are doin' with all their killing and threatening.

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34722

And here I thought Honey Boo Boo was the dumbest thing on TV. Not anymore.

I watched Appalachian Outlaws for about a half hour and couldn't take it anymore. Had to ask my gal to change the channel for me as I couldn't figure out the TV remote due to my IQ plummeting 100 points afterwards.

Latt

Re:Here we go again: another season of blatant BS from the history Channel 9 years 1 month ago #34723

Making prisoners watch the shows may take the place of water boarding:woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 493 guests and no members online

Login