2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Here it is again! Deer season!

Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 6 months ago #37662

I have been out scouting, and have an idea about which area in my patches to get some of them brown 'sang grazers.... And am planning to go this Friday! Maybe sat as well!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 6 months ago #37664

Good luck to you! Its my favorite time of year.

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 6 months ago #37668

A view from my stand last night......Good luck all!
Attachments:

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 6 months ago #37669

Wow, apple trees with a clear shot. Priceless!!
Good luck Maya,
Latt

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37721

Got a nice young 4 pt yesterday the 23rd yummy fresh venny
Attachments:

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37728

Nice kill, looks like a clean shot!

I have been out a couple of times, however had no luck yet. I have seen deer three times , however they were out of bow shot, and it's bow season here.

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37731

Way to go hobbler... nice young buck !

Our Juvenile season opens this weekend... and I will be taking my son (he is 13 now).

My favorite part is those inside tenderloins... fried up or grilled... yummy.

TNhunter

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37791

Nice setup.

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37799

I took my son Cole to the hot spot... right out our back door, walk down to the end of the point and you have a good view of the end of a center point and two hollows and hillsides. Lots of deer traffic in that area.

He kills one there just about every year on opening day of Juvenile season.

Just after daylight a nice young buck walked right up on us (10 yards).. it was still quite dark and Cole could not see him in his scope. He finally spooked and ran off... looked like a 4 or 6 pointer.

Then about 8:30 7 more came by... 2 does, 4 little ones and one young buck... but they were about 100 yards away and we could just see them every now and then as they cam thru small clearings... Cole did not get a shot.

He was a little frustrated at that point.... but then about 15 minutes later here come one walking right towards us... it was a young nubby buck, probably weighed 70-80 lbs. He stopped looking right at us at about 25 yards and old Cole put the hurt on him. Busted that heart... he ran about 20 yards and piled up within sight of us.

This one will be some good eating for sure. Nice and tender.

PS... this is Cole's 5th deer, and he has shot 5 times. No misses. I think he takes after his Dad :-)

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Here it is again! Deer season! 8 years 5 months ago #37835

TNhunter wrote:

I took my son Cole to the hot spot... right out our back door, walk down to the end of the point and you have a good view of the end of a center point and two hollows and hillsides. Lots of deer traffic in that area.

He kills one there just about every year on opening day of Juvenile season.

Just after daylight a nice young buck walked right up on us (10 yards).. it was still quite dark and Cole could not see him in his scope. He finally spooked and ran off... looked like a 4 or 6 pointer.

Then about 8:30 7 more came by... 2 does, 4 little ones and one young buck... but they were about 100 yards away and we could just see them every now and then as they cam thru small clearings... Cole did not get a shot.

He was a little frustrated at that point.... but then about 15 minutes later here come one walking right towards us... it was a young nubby buck, probably weighed 70-80 lbs. He stopped looking right at us at about 25 yards and old Cole put the hurt on him. Busted that heart... he ran about 20 yards and piled up within sight of us.

This one will be some good eating for sure. Nice and tender.

PS... this is Cole's 5th deer, and he has shot 5 times. No misses. I think he takes after his Dad :-)

TNhunter

Nice. Darn good shootin'! Is this with a rifle?

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds

Who's Online

We have 144 guests and no members online

Login