2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What do you carry your seng in after digging?

What do you carry your seng in after digging? 7 years 7 months ago #38876

Was just wondering how you get your seng home without it getting broken or torn up after you dig it. Do you use bucket's, sacks, coolers.

Or is it flexible enough before it's dried to not have to worry about it to much.

Since I've never dug any before was just wondering what the best way is in case I ever find any.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:What do you carry your seng in after digging? 7 years 7 months ago #38877

its really flexible .it don't break much when its green. I wear a fanny pack..

Re:What do you carry your seng in after digging? 7 years 7 months ago #38879

Chieftain wrote:

its really flexible .it don't break much when its green. I wear a fanny pack..

Same here. Fanny pack with a plastic grocery bag for big ones.

Re:What do you carry your seng in after digging? 7 years 7 months ago #38884

I use a over the shoulder woman's purse green in color guys lol. But has large compartment for Shang another for screw driver which I Tie to the bag so I don't lose it. N has smaller pockets for GPS n small first aid kit. It's blue jean material so holds up pretty good.

Re:What do you carry your seng in after digging? 7 years 7 months ago #38886

Below is one of the first youtube video's I did on ginseng and I show a really simple seng bag that I make.
It is made from the lower part of an old pair of blue jeans leg, and it works really well. It will last for many years and it hangs off your belt and is very easy to just put your root in while you dig. You don't have to stop and hunt for it, or open it up, it is always right there and I can put a root away with out even looking at it (while looking for another to dig).

Back in my Trapping days we originally made these bags to carry corn in, and a can of jack mackerel... which is what we used to bait for coon and muskrat.

This is all I have ever carried my seng in. The thing I like most about it is it is always just right there very handy, I can dig a root, put it in the bag without even looking at it, and continue to look for the next one to dig.

TNhunter

Re:What do you carry your seng in after digging? 7 years 7 months ago #38889

I hunted with a 80 year old man 20 years ago before he passed away..he wore a simple cloth nail apron like roofers wear..i sure would have like to seen all the sang that went into that nail apron in one pile..:)

Re:What do you carry your seng in after digging? 7 years 7 months ago #38892

Thanks guys. Seems to be whatever your most comfortable with. Hobler666shang gave me a good laugh. But he's right a lot of those purses have a space for everything.

Re:What do you carry your seng in after digging? 7 years 7 months ago #38894

big ziplock bag

Re:What do you carry your seng in after digging? 7 years 7 months ago #38895

I use to wear one of them strap hunting vest when i hunted seng,2 pockets on the sides and big one in the back.

Re:What do you carry your seng in after digging? 7 years 7 months ago #38902

I use a modern military entrenching tool pouch that goes on my belt. It even has little drain holes in the bottom that let most of the fine dirt fall out.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 697 guests and no members online

Login