2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2017 Ginseng season

2017 Ginseng season 6 years 8 months ago #40185

Anyone heard any news about how the market will be this year? I know last year there was a rumor they had 5 tons
left over from 2015.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2017 Ginseng season 6 years 8 months ago #40194

From what I'm hearing it looks like it may be very similar to last years numbers. In my opinion and it's only my opinion so take it for what it's worth I believe the market is going to be a little bit stronger than last. The economy in China is going.better and I believe that more of the holdover sang from last year was sold. If I were a betting man I would bet that we see prices start in the 400/pd range then slowly climb up to between 450-550/pd depending on quality of root and the amount of sang that you have. Could also have a small chance at seeing 600/pd following Thanksgiving if everyone would slow down and. It be in such a rush to sell their sang.

2017 Ginseng season 6 years 8 months ago #40200

if it don't go to raining in some parts it might get higher than you think..plants around here are needing rain..

2017 Ginseng season 6 years 8 months ago #40201

That's a real good point Chief. I stop worrying about the prices years ago. Seems like the older I get the more I enjoy watching them grow into big 4 prongers rather than diggin em up.. But I wish everyone a good season and hopefully the prices will be up a little. It'll be here before we know it.

2017 Ginseng season 6 years 8 months ago #40202

you know I did too Jsanger, about ten years ago, I set my price if the market cant meet it or wont bear the price I want ,I just hang on to it.boys I remember around 10 years ago or longer when I first got on this site..everyone would quote you a price..now it seems to be a big secret..i listen around then make my own decision if their price is worth all the walking and sweat and blood I have in my root...

2017 Ginseng season 6 years 8 months ago #40203

Chief I'd send some rain ur way if I could. Extreme difference from this yr to last. No rain last yr and at least 3 days a week this yr water very high everywhere. Heavy rain too. Going to have bumper crop of berries.

Last Edit: by Hobler666shang.

2017 Ginseng season 6 years 8 months ago #40204

Thanks Hob,i could use 2 inches of slow rain right now..my blackberries turned in to nothing more than seed pods and then just fell off..the sang seeds are fairing a little better.. its feast or famine here..last year was pretty normal .this year lots of rain early now not any to speak of in the last 30 days..now for the next 7 days we are going into a excessive heat warning..humidity is off the scale..95 degrees or more everyday..

2017 Ginseng season 6 years 8 months ago #40209

got out this morning before it got blistering hot. berry pods have very few berries.seen some wilt on some of the leaves..we need rain ,not expecting much anytime this week..if it stays hot it will be really hurting by next weekend...

Last Edit: by Chieftain.

2017 Ginseng season 6 years 8 months ago #40210

Deer been eating my berries and a few of my big 4 prongers leaves. Here is a pic of one if I can get the pic to post.
Attachments:

2017 Ginseng season 6 years 8 months ago #40217

Can't see your pic, it's all greyed out. Lots of rain around here so the small amount I've been able to scout looks good. Gonna be planting tons of berries this fall hopefully!

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 226 guests and no members online

Login