* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your questions and answers about Goldenseal herb

TOPIC: Goldenseal Seed

Re:Goldenseal Seed 10 years 7 months ago #23485

Hey Latt,
Your seed arrived earlier this week and well. Im going to plant them today in a few different spots that are screaming good goldenseal growing area.Thanks bud.

Hillhopper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Goldenseal Seed 10 years 7 months ago #23487

You are welcome hill.
Latt

Re:Goldenseal Seed 10 years 5 months ago #25631

That is some gr8 looking yellowroot Latt. I'm thinking of trying to dig sum this year if i can find it. I personally would love to hav sum seed hav a gr8 spot to try and get my own patch started. If i hav to wait til next year that would be fine also.I check forum everyday so I will be looking foe a response from u. Also enjoy ur posts on ginseng as well. Seems like a bunch of down to earth people on here and really enjoy it.

Re:Goldenseal Seed 10 years 5 months ago #25635

Thanks bawhite40,
Yea if you can find some yellowroot and transplant it is should do well. If I get some seed next summer I will send you some if you cannot find it in your area. Just hit me up next July with a message so I do not forget.
Good luck,
Latt

Re:Goldenseal Seed 10 years 5 months ago #25647

Thanx Latt for quik response. I will b sure to hitu up next summer. I will try to dig up sum small plants as well just think it a very neat plant. Just found out this year that I've been walking by it all these years,lol. Enjoy rest of this season.

Re:Goldenseal Seed 10 years 5 months ago #25655

bawhite40,

I've had excellent results starting new patches from vegetative cuttings. Just dig a bunch of plants, the larger the better. Rinse them off so you can see what you are doing. And divide the roots with a sharp knife. I try to be sure to keep a fair amount of the parent root with each bud and a fair amount of the feeder roots also. Even the feeder roots with the little knots on them will form buds and start a new plant. In fact, when I dig some goldenseal, I collect all of the fine feeder roots that are left behind and lay them on a layer of peat in a nursery flat. I cover them with a half inch or so of peat and keep them in a place out of the sun where they will stay damp. I usually bury the flat up to the rim. After a year or so, you will find many of the roots have developed buds and can be transplanted into a nursery bed.

Re:Goldenseal Seed 10 years 5 months ago #25685

Thanx Latt 4 info. This obviously a very strong plant with a will 2 survive. I will give ur technique a try, thanx again.

Re:Goldenseal Seed 8 years 8 months ago #36182

Well it appears it may be time to go out to the woods and check the goldenseal patches that I steward. A tip from another Wildgrown member leads me to believe that it may be time. Just had total hip replacement surgery on June 24th. But I think I may be able to hobble out to the spots lol. Got to get the berries picked before the deer get to them and eat them all.

Most importantly, I got a picture from a Wildgrown forum member of the seeds I sent to him that sprouted this year. Man those baby goldenseal seedlings look nothing like goldenseal. The baby goldenseal plants are round and do not look like goldenseal at all. I just wanted to mention it so any of you that planted seed I sent out know what to look for if you are like me and have not seen 1 year old goldenseal seedlings before.
I will let you all know if I get more seed this year.
Latt

Re:Goldenseal Seed 8 years 8 months ago #36191

This is a pic a fellow Wildgrown member sent to me showing what baby goldenseal seedlings look like. They really do not resemble goldenseal. Not sure what year it is into when they take on the familiar looking leaf we are use to.

Latt
Attachments:

Re:Goldenseal Seed 8 years 8 months ago #36204

Latt,

I really hope you heal up fast from the hip replacement, that must be hard to deal with.

Those first year seal plants sure do look different. They take on the look we are used to seeing the second year.

Lenno

Moderators: jimsanger
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 473 guests and no members online

Login