Hillhopper,
Sure thing!
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Goldenseal prices for 2010 13 years 4 months ago #8060

Latt wrote:

Latt

Latt,
You would think little buddy if that bastard mistook you'r head for a small varment! :laugh: lol

Re:Goldenseal prices for 2010 13 years 1 month ago #8811

• HilbillyJim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Latt. I'm new on this forum. I'm interested in trying to get a start of Goldenseal on my property here in Virginia. I've went out searching over the last couple of years, in several different locations around here where I live, and I'm not able to locate any growing wild. Do you, or will you have any extra seeds or living plants/roots that you would be willing to sell me, so that I can get a start?

Thanks,
HilbillyJim

Re:Goldenseal prices for 2010 13 years 1 month ago #8812

HillbillyJim,
Welcome to the forum. I have planted all of the Goldenseal seed that I harvested last fall.
However, I will be harvesting seed again this coming fall. Get me your email address this fall and I will send you some Goldenseal seeds for free. I got a pound of Goldenseal seed off my plants last year and expect to get the same again this year. 1 LB of Goldenseal seed is approximately 20,000 seeds. I can send you a couple thousand seeds this fall.
Here is a good link to Goldenseal info below.

www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/wildplant/..._costs_revenues.aspx

Thanks,
Latt

Re:Goldenseal prices for 2010 13 years 1 month ago #8813

• HilbillyJim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for the welcome Latt. Although I'm sure that it would be more rewarding with personal satisfaction to be able to hunt Goldenseal in the wild, compared to planting seed, it just isn't available in the wild at my location. So, I really do appreciate your kind offer to send me some of your seed this coming fall. I will pay shipping cost and send a little extra for your time and trouble. If growing/harvesting Goldenseal is as enjoyable as Ginseng is, I will have a new hobby. Thanks for the link pertaining to Goldenseal. I'm anxious to read and learn all I can about it. I'll be back in touch with you this fall.
Best wishes to you for a productive crop this year.

HilbillyJim

Re:Goldenseal prices for 2010 13 years 1 month ago #8816

HillbillyJim,
No need to worry about postage. Just glad I can help you start a new Goldenseal population in your woods. I can send you some blood root seeds too this fall if you like.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Goldenseal prices for 2010 13 years 1 month ago #8828

• HilbillyJim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello again Latt. Thanks for the offer on the blood root seed, but I already have access to a huge patch of blood root. All I need now is, a start of the goldenseal and my herb collection will be complete. I'm also thinking about expanding my ginseng collection this coming fall, if I can locate a reputable dealer to purchase seed from. Do you have any good recommendations of a reliable dealer?

Thanks,

HilbillyJim

Re:Goldenseal prices for 2010 13 years 1 month ago #8830

HilbillyJim,
There are so many good ones out there. I hate to list them because if I leave any good ones out I would not want to offend them. Search on the internet and let me know what you find out. Email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will confirm your findings as to weather or not I would recommend them. I have bought from many sources with great results. I can tell you that typically the higher the price the better the seed but this does not always hold true. Lower priced seed is typically Shade Grown Field Cultivated seed and goes from $30 to $70 per pound depending on the supply and demand. Woods Cultivated or Wild Simulated goes from $80 to $125 dollars per pound but it is out there at even higher prices per pound. However my previous statements on price are typical and there are exceptions. It is possible that price should not be the only indicator of what is considered good seed or seed of less quality. Talk to the seed suppliers as I have and ask them questions. Search around on Wildgrown.com too as many have referenced good ginseng seed suppliers.

Re:Goldenseal prices for 2010 13 years 4 weeks ago #8945

Who is Scott and what is his book, it sounds like it has some very great information, I would like to get my hands on a copy.

Re:Goldenseal prices for 2010 13 years 4 weeks ago #8946

I am also very interested about goldenseal and would be very interested in some seed but I am fearful of taking any until it is time for me to plant it, which I assume would be in the fall, I am new to this stuff and do not want to do anything wrong or be wasteful because of lack of knowledge. Will you still have some in the fall? I would like to do more research, would be happy to give you something for it and the postage.

Moderators: jimsanger
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Who's Online

We have 276 guests and no members online

Login