2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: black cohosh prices

Re:black cohosh prices 10 years 5 months ago #26490

you are really lucky. I only get 20 lbs in a day 4 or 5 hrs. I'm still out walking the hollows and marking patches with a piece of toilet paper and haven't been digging so when the stems die down I'll be able to go straight to them also the roots will weigh more. all the time I have spent in the woods I only came across 2 oz of sang. sold one oz for $47 and keep the other for myself. cohosh I have made about $500 off of and still have patches to dig. if you read all that I told about doing the cohosh I may have said something to help you. my last trip to sell I got $84 for three days at $4 for dry and $1 for green. it had been rainy for several days or I wouldn't have sold green. 20 lbs green is $20, dry it is $24. I made several mistakes when I first started digging the cohosh. best thing is take what you got for them to look at and ask who you sell it to what they want. I would welcome any questions you have but please read what I have posted in the past so I don't have to repeat my self. anything you don't understand I would be happy to explain.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:black cohosh prices 10 years 5 months ago #26492

The trick to cohosh is dont waste time on small or scattered find some young loggings or burn outs where it gets plenty of sun Ihave dug roots over five pounds a piece in three year old loggings . pick the tree roots out as you dig so you dont chop one root into many try to start high and dig your way back avoid long packs up hill if possible .a old wringer washer works great for washing cohosh yams or even stoneroot

Re:black cohosh prices 10 years 5 months ago #26499

I got a quote for just 3 dollars a lb today but its not the normal buyer I sell to so hopefully the one I normally sell to will at least be at 4 as they usually pay more than most people around. Me and my 4 year old got out for a while this evening and dug in a good thick patch that I spotted last time I was out, we was able to dig about 15 pounds in 45 minutes and never left an area no bigger than maybe 5000 square feet, my little boy spotted at least 90 percent of what we dug all by himself as he would go on ahead of me as I was digging, he has really picked up quick on finding the old dead stems still standing. I normally use a set of tin snips to cut the cohosh up, but lately have been using an old baccer knife and chopping block, and have also switched from washing with a water hose to getting buckets of water and soaking it and scrubbing in them.

Re:black cohosh prices 10 years 5 months ago #26518

your lucky to get that much in that short time. I guess this Mt I'm on has been hunted hard. I leave the small stuff so it will grow back. I'm still out spotting patches so maybe I'll find some as good as you and others have found. most I find the roots are about as big as my fist. I figured I was getting about 15 cents per root and about 25 or so roots per hour. I hope you read what I posted about what I learned. I posted it to help others. cleaning after you cut it up is one of the best tips I could give you as the dirt and small pebbles hide in between the old stems. I took my son out in the woods and taught him this also.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

Who's Online

We have 89 guests and no members online

Login