* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Idea of selling together

Re:Idea of selling together 13 years 5 months ago #6717

Classicfur,

In TN the Dealers License cost 250.00 (annually) but as far as I can tell there is no limit on the quantity.

To sell out of State you have to have a Dealers License and must get it Certified. I was not sure if that certification process cost something or not. Sounds like it may not.

I found a very detailed document online (link below) that covers all that for the State of TN.

If I am reading that right - it looks like each individual shipment would have to be certified. Not sure where our nearest place may be to go and get someone to certify it - could be in Nashville TN which would be a pain for me (160 mile round trip).

TNhunter

tennessee.gov/sos/rules/0400/0400-06/0400-06-01.pdf

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Idea of selling together 13 years 5 months ago #6722

TNhunter

$250 is pretty spendy!

I also noticed that the deadline to apply for a dealers license is Aug 15. Basically they don't want anyone becoming a dealer once the ginseng hunting season has opened.

As far as next year. you could have them certify several smaller lots of roots instead of one large lot. Then you could sell each lot separately or all together, if you choose to sell them out of state.

classicfur

Re:Idea of selling together 13 years 5 months ago #6723

WOW, I can't believe that guy got 1180 for a wet pound, but he only got 560 for a wet pound previously and those roots looked nicer, thats strange. Too bad you cannot contact the buyer like you used to be able to on ebay.

I am also amazed other states charge money for a dealers license. Here in Vermont, a collectors or dealers license is free and getting an export certificate is also free, heck the plant pathologist will even come to your house if he is in your neck of the woods.

I like the idea of selling together, but maybe if everyone gets their own export certificates, then we could all sell together reguardless of which state we are in (just a thought).

Re:Idea of selling together 13 years 5 months ago #6736

For Kentucky, there's an FAQ answer on selling on ebay: www.kyagr.com/marketing/plantmktg/ginseng/GinsengFAQ.htm

Re:Idea of selling together 13 years 5 months ago #6761

Mike,
I think selling together as a group is a very good idea, but I also think the diggers need to form Ginseng Diggers groups or clubs in their state. Form a group or club together first then as a whole work together to sell for the best price.

Marty

Re:Idea of selling together 12 years 5 months ago #14996

• adam wooton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have the same idea and I am planing on getting my permit to buy wild ginseng and sell to an exporter rather then another dealer but I have been unable to find an exporter to sell to. Can any one help me with this?

• Page:
Moderators: KYginsengrootman
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Who's Online

We have 139 guests and no members online

Login