2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC?

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 6 months ago #25384

Metcalfs Ginseng
$240 Green $840 Dry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 6 months ago #25443

Don & Pat Phillips @ 828-688-2869 in Mitchell County paying 250.00 Fresh & 850.00 Dry
9-5 Monday-Friday & 9-Noon Saturdays

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 6 months ago #25452

Carolina Bait $870 and $250

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 6 months ago #25465

Don & Pat Phillips @ 828-688-2869 in Mitchell County paying 260.00 Fresh & 860.00 Dry
9-5 Monday-Friday & 9-Noon Saturdays

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 6 months ago #25765

Phillips in Mitchell County @ 260 Fresh & 900 dry

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 6 months ago #25766

Somebody, posts some pics of North Carolina root. I would like to see what makes it worth more if there is a difference that can be seen.

Hillhopper

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 5 months ago #25770

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 5 months ago #25773

It's supposedly more potent. I don't mind;)

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 5 months ago #25804

Here is a few roots I dug last week, I've never really noticed a big difference in our roots from some other states roots, I know we mainly have really rich black soil here which is desired, but I know I would be really frustrated if I lived in Tennessee and knew that people in North Carolina were being offered 300 dollars more a lb when most of the seng is coming from the Tennessee border counties and a lot of it being dug probably right across the state line and being sold as NC seng, but I have also heard the seng dug near the blue ridge escarpment is more desirable than that near the TN border, I just don't know but I'm not complaining.
Attachments:

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 5 months ago #25809

Good morning Hill,
Here is a picture of ginseng that came from the area that NCMountaindigger just referred to. This came from right on the Tn./NC. border and this is where much of the ginseng is taken from that is sold at Canton Bait and a number of other places that are located in Canton, Waynesville, Mars Hill, Walnut, and other towns close by. I have talked to some of the diggers and they tell me this is where their sang comes from. This is a bunch of baloney about one location being better sang than another. They buy it all, no matter what part it comes from, and pay a better price. I saw poachers every day coming in from NC when I was digging in Tenn. during the season and the Game Wardens arrest poachers all the time for this. The fact of the matter is that Tennessee is getting ripped off on their prices.

Hugh

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 489 guests and no members online

Login