* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
misc roots and herbs
  • Page:

TOPIC: Root quality

Root quality 9 years 2 weeks ago #34686

I know there is a difference in ginseng root quality from state to state that explains some of the price differences. What about other marketable roots? Is there any difference in say in bloodroot and goldenseal from state to state? I've seen some fairly big gaps in what dealers offer for some these type of roots. Any thoughts?

mhowa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Root quality 9 years 2 weeks ago #34688

No the main difference in those roots is in the care taken in the washing and drying process other wise they are the same .I think the bigger buyers help drive the price higher in some states then others as far as i know theres no rules to stop you from selling out of state if you produce a lot shop around for the best price if the difference is worth the effort

Re:Root quality 9 years 2 weeks ago #34690

If you have a lot to sell sometimes you can get your buyer to pay a little more per pound

Re:Root quality 9 years 1 week ago #34758

Leebros! wrote:

No the main difference in those roots is in the care taken in the washing and drying process other wise they are the same .I think the bigger buyers help drive the price higher in some states then others as far as i know theres no rules to stop you from selling out of state if you produce a lot shop around for the best price if the difference is worth the effort

I would double check such information. It depends on the specific state regulations not only where the ginseng is harvested but the state the ginseng is going.

For instance, for Kentucky, if you leave the borders of the commonwealth with ginseng, you are exporting it from KY. If you wish to export it, you must have it certified. To have ginseng certified, you will need to be a licensed dealer.

This is true for most, if not all, states with a wild export program, a quick google search tells me:

The Kentucky ginseng regulation: www.lrc.state.ky.us/kar/302/045/010.htm
Section 1. Definitions.
(4) \"Dealer\" means any person or agent of an entity buying ginseng for resale or export.
(7) \"Export\" means to transport, ship, carry, haul, take, or otherwise move ginseng collected in Kentucky outside of Kentucky.
Section 7. Certification of Ginseng. (1) Before ginseng harvested in Kentucky can be exported, it shall be certified by the department on an American Ginseng Export Certificate.
(2) Ginseng may only be certified by a dealer holding a Kentucky dealer's license.
Section 8. Prohibition on Uncertified Non-Kentucky Grown Ginseng. Ginseng that is harvested outside the border of Kentucky and not certified in its state of origin shall not enter Kentucky.

From TN:
www.tn.gov/environment/natural-areas/tennessee-ginseng.shtml
\"It is unlawful to sell wild or cultivated ginseng that was harvested or collected from any state other than Tennessee UNLESS such ginseng has been certified or otherwise approved for export by the state of origin, and is accompanied by a certificate showing that it has been certified and approved for export.\"

From AR:
plantboard.arkansas.gov/PlantIndustry/Documents/ginsengReg.pdf
\"Ginseng shall not enter or leave the State of Arkansas unless accompanied by a valid
Certificate of Legal Taking.\"

Re:Root quality 9 years 1 week ago #34771

Kyginseng, I don't think you read the previous post correctly. They are talking about other roots, NOT ginseng.

Re:Root quality 9 years 1 week ago #34776

yes you are right lenno i was talking about every thing but ginseng sorry if anyone my have misunderstood and go big blue

Re:Root quality 9 years 1 week ago #34798

Leebros! wrote:

yes you are right lenno i was talking about every thing but ginseng sorry if anyone my have misunderstood and go big blue

No problem! MY BAD! :blush:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Who's Online

We have 445 guests and no members online

Login