2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Report on yesterday's Ginseng conference here in Watauga county

Report on yesterday's Ginseng conference here in Watauga county 8 years 5 months ago #37567

IMHO, The conference held yesterday at the Watauga County Ag. Center was well done, AND well attended.

DR Jim Hamilton was the presenter, and there were a couple of other Ag. Staffers present as well, assisting to make the event a flawless afternoon. Dr Hamilton spoke with the sort of familiarity that one has when the subject matter is second nature. He was engaging with the slides, PowerPoint presentation, and sharing some of his personal experiences.

The course materials were well thought out. Included were pamphlets about wild American Ginseng (dealer and exporters), Ginseng -A Production Guide For North Carolina, 1/2 lb of locally raised seed, the book: Growing & Marketing Ginseng, Goldenseal & Other Woodland Medicinals
W. Scott Persons & Jeanine M. Davis, and there we're t-shirts from a local grower available.... Also the were a small quantity of six year old rootlets made available to the participants.

I think there were over 50 participants in the room! I recognized a couple of them from the International Ginseng Conference a couple of years ago, however didn't get to make the sort of contacts I would have liked to as folks were milling about afterward and taking off into the rain....

Amongst the information given was a section on the four felony conviction done here for poaching! Yay!

Many kudos to Dr Jim Hamilton and his co-workers for a fine event!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds

Who's Online

We have 546 guests and no members online

Login