2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: What you got growing ?

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 6 months ago #39351

Hobler666shang wrote:

My dealer told me a major dealer went bankrupt n dumped 10 tons of dry into the market

....same thing I heard .heard it dumped but not selling and clearing out..they will wait till they can buy all that tonnage cheap before it picks up here..heard it may get up a little more then drop by mid. nov. or sooner...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 3 weeks ago #39773

Planted eight American Chestnut trees yesterday. These are offspring from one of the very few blight resistant Americans that survived the horrible blight that came to the U.S. on blight resistant Chinese Chestnuts imported back in the late 1800s. Praying these survive. Just like with the seng, just trying to help a plant that is having a rough row to hoe. The American Chestnut is not only endangered, but considered extinct considering only a dozen are known to have survived. I hope it's resistant genes carry on in these babies. I will spoil them with love.

Attachments:

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 3 weeks ago #39774

Pic failure under 800x800 and under 5 mb. Sorry.

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 3 weeks ago #39775

Jim...

The last time I tried to post a picture it failed too.

Something is up with the wildgrown site... it will not let you attach pictures like it used to (even if sized properly).

that is a bummer.

Others have been able to successfully link to pictures though...

for example you have the pics stored online (like photobucket, or tinyurl, etc) and then you can post a link to them.

I am going to try posting a pic again and see what it does...

The image I tried to attach is size 640x480 and only 202 KB in size - not very large at all.

and it failed... or at least after being attached, it does not display properly. My image was a .jpg (very common image type).

TNHunter
Attachments:

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 3 weeks ago #39776

Test 2...

I tried saving that same image as a bitmap (.bmp) which is one of the older image types.

It will not let you attach .bmp types... says it has to be a .jpeg, .gif or .png.

Attachments:

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 3 weeks ago #39777

I tried to attach it as a .gif image and that failed too...

got the messages below.

==

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/8_30_47.gif) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/components/com_kunena/sources/fb_image_upload.php on line 87

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpKy6H5i' to '/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/8_30_47.gif' in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/components/com_kunena/sources/fb_image_upload.php on line 87
The message has been successfully edited.

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 3 weeks ago #39778

trying to attach a .png type image next...

It failed too... same errors.

Looks like we are out of luck with attaching images to post on the forum for now.

TNHunter
Attachments:

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 3 weeks ago #39779

I did a little research on best ways to store photo's online, and decided to give Google Photo a try.
I uploaded that image I was trying to post to my google photos... and then copied a link to the photo and pasted that link below.

It is a Pic (.jpg) saved on Google Photo, of a bowl full of seng roots.

TNHunter

photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP4amaSleeP...dPEGa3_1jJEvHJmtMxvH

That works... but you don't see the image in the post on wildgrown, but you can hit that link to it and see it.

That may be the best we can do for now.

PS.. I have tried contacting wildgrown to report this problem.

TNHunter

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 2 weeks ago #39789

Your google photo isn't working now either. Oh well (for now), the pic of the trees were just bare twigs for now anyway. Maybe after the leaves sprout open on the little guys it will be up and working by then. Still getting cool weather off n on here.

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 2 weeks ago #39790

Oh, and by the way, thanks for trying.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 327 guests and no members online

Login