2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Growing license for wild simulated?

Growing license for wild simulated? 7 years 6 months ago #39360

Hey guys, this is probably a novice question and i am a novice, but when reviewing the Illinois law for growing seeds, it only has info about a growers license under the cultivated method... Does this mean i dont need to purchase a license to plant wild simulated this this fall?

If so, could someone list the legal procedure i should go by when purchasing seed, and then planting.

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Growing license for wild simulated? 7 years 6 months ago #39362

Ive read them ILL.laws 50 times .there not real clear..[like our politicians]..I would go to the local DNR office and find out what they say....iam in east central ILL.

Re:Growing license for wild simulated? 7 years 6 months ago #39363

Forsure, i agree with the politicians haha. ill give them a call sometime this week. Still wondering what others in illinois have done in the past when growing

Thanks for the reply Chieftain

Re:Growing license for wild simulated? 7 years 6 months ago #39370

greenboy

The way I've always read them, you don't need a license to plant wild simulated, but the roots and seeds are considered wild by the state of IL. You will need a license if you plant in tilled beds and they would be considered cultivated. The roots and seeds can be dug or sold at any age or anytime of the year if they are cultivated. If you find out any different than this, please let us know. I've had a growers license for several years and have never been told any different by the DNR. I'm in Central Il. Good luck with your ginseng.

sang.ocd

Re:Growing license for wild simulated? 7 years 5 months ago #39473

I agree with Sang.Ocd. I believe you are OK to plant wild Sim.

I'm in northwest, IL (JoDavies County)

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

Who's Online

We have 825 guests and no members online

Login