2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: 3 yr old plants

3 yr old plants 6 years 10 months ago #40121

Finally got out to check some of my 3 yr old plants. Was wondering what kind of loss I might have from our terrible drought last yr. I'm happy to say I don't think I last much if any at all. Lots of big 3 leafers 5 leafers n 2 prongs. Still have to check on my two yr olds.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 yr old plants 6 years 10 months ago #40122

Those look nice and healthy Hobler

3 yr old plants 6 years 10 months ago #40123

Hob those are looking good.we had a drought in 2012.quit raining in late march didn't rain till late sept.plants dried up and were dead by late june.. we got rain that and snow that winter and in 2013 were fine. I don't think the drought hurt them a bit.i think they just went dormant .

3 yr old plants 6 years 10 months ago #40131

....heres what our drought stricken plant looked like in 2012..late june..

3 yr old plants 6 years 10 months ago #40132

Not bad. Most of my seed planting two years ago was in marginal habitat. Total disaster. I sure learned my lesson. No wonder most people give up trying to grow ginseng. This year I will only plant seeds in the best places I can find.

3 yr old plants 6 years 10 months ago #40133

That's it trial n error Archon lol. I've got some 6 yr olds that aren't this big lmao. But 20 ft down the ridge same seeding there twice the size.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds

Who's Online

We have 633 guests and no members online

Login