2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Actual Profits In Growing Ginseng

Re:Actual Profits In Growing Ginseng 12 years 11 months ago #9275

• BOYHUD17
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Give thanks to God for the sang we all love to dig
Latt,

My grandpa used to dig seng before he passed away, and he left about 50 roots in his root bag that he kept them in. My granny said that when I sold my seng this year I could have those last roots he dug. Well, I only took a few and saved the rest. When I went to sell my roots, the ones that i took from my grandpa's bag sold with the others just fine.

Most of the ones from his bag hadn't been touched in about 10 or 15 years. So i'de say they could be saved and sold.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Actual Profits In Growing Ginseng 12 years 11 months ago #9278

Whitjr

When you first start growing/planting seng, it seems like the length of time until harvest is just an unbelievable amount of time to wait.

But once you get two or three years under your belt, the time seems to be more bearable. Because at that time, your in awe of your success and then you really start to enjoy the actual growing of your plants.

For me the hardest time is the winter months, when you can't see the plants. During the growing season when thousands of plants are growing, it brings a kind of peace as you walk through your seng gardens and marvel that they are growing so well. I walk through my seng patches every day after they emerge. That will bring relaxation even on days when you are tense.

Each year will become easier!

classicfur

Re:Actual Profits In Growing Ginseng 12 years 11 months ago #9282

So [joking here]....

Like the head monk says to the grasshopper students: \"patience, clear your mind of thoughts, close your eyes and SEE the seedlings growing!\"

Anyway, ClassicFur, thanks for the encouragement!!!!!

Re:Actual Profits In Growing Ginseng 8 years 5 months ago #37709

I started this thread over 5 years ago. It was my first post.

This weekend I will begin clearing dead limbs and such before the leaves fall to later undergo the whole planting process this Winter. This year marks my 6th 25lb+ planting.
You would think by now I would have an answer to the question I asked so many years ago :laugh:
Getting closer all the time though

Re:Actual Profits In Growing Ginseng 8 years 5 months ago #37716

Hillhopper- we are changing our plans as time passes as well. Looks like we will be every bit of 10 to 11 years before harvest.

Re:Actual Profits In Growing Ginseng 8 years 4 months ago #37793

I really can't wait for the next 7 years to pass, and to get some income from all the labor!

You are getting close : )

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Who's Online

We have 481 guests and no members online

Login