2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: NEW to this!!

Re:NEW to this!! 14 years 5 months ago #2717

hey kelly don't really know about the gypsum. they say it helps though. I don't do nothing because i have all the companion plants growing in my plots even wild seng grows already their so i figured the ground was already good enough. If i was u before i started adding stuff i would get a soil sample u may not need nothing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NEW to this!! 14 years 5 months ago #2828

Hillbilly
thanks for all of the advice! I think that you are right I will get another soil sample done before I add anything else. I will try some plots this year with no gypsum and see how that goes, It is all a hobby for me right now until I learn more. Just to get it to grow is a BIG thrill for now. I hope one day to be able to plant my own seeds. I still like the small plots in differant areas just to see how it grows on the land. One of my areas I am sure was used to keep livestock Years ago a lot 30-50 years ago how do you think that will effect ginseng?

Re:NEW to this!! 14 years 1 month ago #3306

OK all
I am done with the snow!!! (Guess we are going to get more here tonite) I am ready to get out and plant, See the little shoots grow. I am finished with sitting in the house, I can not wait on spring!!!

Kelly

Re:NEW to this!! 13 years 11 months ago #3465

Just a little update! Went to WV. to see the plots I did not see any growing yet, I forgot to take the rest of my seeds to plant. I'll o back in aa week or two to plant I hope that it is not two late? I do have some that has started growing here at home They have two prongs this year. I have to fit this in with Turkey hunting!

Re:NEW to this!! 13 years 5 months ago #6459

I have not posted here in some time, After some things that were being posted I gave it up. But this seems to be the best one for growing info.
I have not had a chance to plant this year yet, I seem to get better luck planting in early spring so far.B)

Re:NEW to this!! 13 years 5 months ago #6470

• AKS
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
kelly wrote:

I have not posted here in some time, After some things that were being posted I gave it up. But this seems to be the best one for growing info.
I have not had a chance to plant this year yet, I seem to get better luck planting in early spring so far.B)

hi Kelly,
I am new one here. try to start growing ginseng in my wood as you did. bought some seeds here and ......
- don't know where to store? refrigerator?
- check the woods next to house: one section so bushes, but down the hill a lot of big tree and less bushes or weeds? do i need to till the ground too then make the bed? or just dig the small hole for seeds? how to know they come out next year? or
anything else to do for growing?
sorry if my question so dumb :P coz i am not mountaineer and not farmer either. just move to WV couple years ago. thanks

Re:NEW to this!! 13 years 5 months ago #6476

AKS

Store your seeds in the bottom drawer of your fridge. The sooner you plant them, the better.

I have over 40,000 plants growing and have had good success with raking the leaves back and breaking the surface of the soil with a Hand Cultivator. Then spread your seeds about 5 seeds per square foot. then lightly stomp down rhe bed with your boots. Rake leave back over bed. Have had about 90% germination rate with this.

Here is a link for cultivator: www.hound-dog.com/cultivator.htm#

Also here what my planting areas look like.

classicfur
Attachments:

Re:NEW to this!! 13 years 5 months ago #6477

Note sticks marking off garden beds.
Attachments:

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 415 guests and no members online

Login