2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Update on ginseng prices?

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #15415

im like an elephant i never forget people that are rude to me especially a seng buyer ive sold to other buyers and lost money to keep people like that from making a dime off me a mans respect is worth more than money to me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #15419

Woody52,
that the best thing about fair trade. You can take your business elsewhere. I am like you, I have a short fuse when it comes to rude people and I would not go back to that dealer that was rude ever again. A rude dealer is short lived in the business in my opinion.
Latt

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #15421

I'm hoping for his sake that he woke up on the wrong side of the bed...Needless to say that conversation didn't end with a goodbye..lol

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #15424

Gilloglys Inc.-
Our price in (White Cottage)Zanesville,OH is UP TO $520 for good quality wild OH ginseng. Please call 740-849-2587 or 740-252-6947 or email bhmatc@yahoo.

Shop Address: 5380 Jonathan Dr. Zanesville, Oh 43701

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #15429

Double post...sorry

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #15430

I'll match $520 for better quality stuff without a problem.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #15432

What you guys be giving for top of the line?

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #15433

Prices here in Missouri still around 400. Need more than that for my ginseng, hopefully it will go up.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #15435

Why is the seng prices so different fellas in each state?
Latt

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #15436

Biglizard...I will give $520/lb for the best lots only. The average run Ohio stuff is still about $500

Latt wrote:

Why is the seng prices so different fellas in each state?
Latt

Different areas have different types of ginseng. Some more desireable than others. Here in this state, the stuff from my area in north central Ohio, are typically smaller, thinner, and light color (not all that desireable) On the other hand, the stuff from the southeastern part of the state are generally larger, with better shape and color. This doesn't mean you cant have an exceptional lot from this section of the state, it just means you are much more responsible in what you dig.

When I pick out a very small root, I have had a lot of guys tell me \"Well you don't know that until you have already dug it up.\" This is true. But, kids, you CAN put it back in the hole and cover it back up! It is more valuable there -even if it is a four prong plant- making seed than in the bottom corner of your lot bringing the overall quality and price down.

The other main reason is competition. Anyone who thinks there is a 'buyers union' or somesuch should be happy there insn't or the price would still be at $350 a pound and would never go up.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 296 guests and no members online

Login