2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: DO NOT SELL ITS A TRICK!!!!!!!

Re:DO NOT SELL ITS A TRICK!!!!!!! 9 years 6 months ago #32476

Hello to all I can understand everything Bcastle is saying and Friday I had my buyer come in and he is very nervous haven't seen him act like that ever before and then he preceded to go through all my roots and then my worst fear his price dropped between 75-100 per pound for the average root, I have only been a small dealer here in upstate N.Y. for a few years. So on Saturday I had to drop my prices on the average root and every person that called I explained what was happening with the market but the first guy through the door acted as if I was trying to steel from him. I do my very best to pay a fair honest price as I am sure most dealers do, but its not a good feeling to have to lower your prices or having tell diggers the roots they busted their but to get is poorly dug or just not worth what it was less than a week ago.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:DO NOT SELL ITS A TRICK!!!!!!! 9 years 6 months ago #32478

The consumer is eating the product we are producing. Think of it as buying fruit in the grocery for us. We dont buy apples with holes in them, dirty or the skin washed off of them, or pieces missing from the apple. Same with chinese or whoever maybe consuming the root. They like to see the neck on the root to verify age and water roots as well. Cant blame them for wanting the whole picture. Also, cant figure out why some diggers cannot get that into their head. No the chinese do not \"grind it all up anyway\" as some think. K duce may have to before its all said and done this year but the chinese do not.

Re:DO NOT SELL ITS A TRICK!!!!!!! 9 years 6 months ago #32493

vabuyer wrote:

The consumer is eating the product we are producing. Think of it as buying fruit in the grocery for us. We dont buy apples with holes in them, dirty or the skin washed off of them, or pieces missing from the apple. Same with chinese or whoever maybe consuming the root. They like to see the neck on the root to verify age and water roots as well. Cant blame them for wanting the whole picture. Also, cant figure out why some diggers cannot get that into their head. No the chinese do not \"grind it all up anyway\" as some think. K duce may have to before its all said and done this year but the chinese do not.

If i ever feel the need to get bottom dollar from a 4th level dealer i will be sure to look you up. In the mean time stick around the forum there is alot of information here, looks like you need all the help you can get.
Despite what you may think and see, ginseng does not grow in plastic bags. :dry:

Re:DO NOT SELL ITS A TRICK!!!!!!! 9 years 6 months ago #32494

vabuyer,
You have no idea who the consumer is.
Attachments:

Re:DO NOT SELL ITS A TRICK!!!!!!! 9 years 6 months ago #32528

K_duce wrote:

vabuyer wrote:

If i ever feel the need to get bottom dollar from a 4th level dealer i will be sure to look you up. In the mean time stick around the forum there is alot of information here, looks like you need all the help you can get.
Despite what you may think and see, ginseng does not grow in plastic bags. :dry:

I think that's a little on the strong side K-duce. I think vabuyer is right for the most part. There is certainly a market for commercial quality root...damaged and poorer quality much less important...however, that is not normally where the high prices live in my experience. In fact, the example vabuyer uses is one I've heard used before from buyers who would know. ;)

Re:DO NOT SELL ITS A TRICK!!!!!!! 9 years 6 months ago #32531

Brad,
It was his idea to drag me into his post, i guess he likes the abuse and believe me, i was showing restraint.
:laugh:

Re:DO NOT SELL ITS A TRICK!!!!!!! 9 years 6 months ago #32700

I'm hungry for Chinese food now!

Re:DO NOT SELL ITS A TRICK!!!!!!! 9 years 6 months ago #32702

One thing that I cannot figure out is why there are even dealers anymore with the advent of real time technology. Anyone ever heard of Alibaba? Well it's I.P.O. valued the global trade company at over $200 billion. Well lets say that I posted a dummy ad on Alibaba a couple years ago, to see what the global demand was for ginseng. Let's just say that if I was a licensed dealer, and was willing to deal with U.S. customs on export tariffs and paperwork I could have made a killing. I had about one international buyer contact me every 5-7 days from October through January looking to pay \"significantly\" more than any dealer ever thought about here in NC. So why doesn't someone gather and weigh everyone's roots as somewhat of a co-op, sell it internationally to one of the 30 buyers that contacted me a couple years back, and help out every last person. Instead its a bunch of drama, with the dealers saying they don't make anything off buying from diggers.......an actual real person known as person x, that I personally know, paid off his remaining mortgage of over $100,000 in 2 years.........no money eh? That's because some dealers have better buying contacts. Either way, the diggers could stand a lot to gain from boycotting your normal dealer(no offense guys, but you are the minority), and form a state by state co-op. Each state should have a sole representative that deals with sourcing a buyer and exporting the ginseng. That rep could take a commission based on his work. An annual meeting can be held amongst individual state co-op leaders every year to discuss challenges and issues, while possibly working together.

Who knows, just an idea......

Re:DO NOT SELL ITS A TRICK!!!!!!! 9 years 6 months ago #32703

Interesting thoughts hunz

Re:DO NOT SELL ITS A TRICK!!!!!!! 9 years 6 months ago #32706

Hunz,
Im glad that you \"get it\". ;)

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Who's Online