2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: NC Price Update: 10/08/14

NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32672

Just an update as of 10/08/14: From Furgeson Supply In Canton, NC in Haywood County NC:

Wet per pound: $125.00

Dry (excellent roots)per Pound: $650.00

The man claims the Chinese aren't buying due to early high prices in beginning of season also added that last year the prices got to way to high and they are not paying those prices again. He claims the prices are just gonna go down and he is selling all hes got by end of month and calling it a year. Says that this year isn't looking good at all.

Now I don't know whats what with dealers but that's what the man just said. I wish it weren't so.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32673

thanks for the update,
wow a 5.2-1 wet/dry ratio
not buying the chinese story now.
Looks like the diggers have found a new way to get skinned.

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32675

Your welcome.... another buyer here said she is only buying wet for $150 per lb. Not buying dry at all. Don't know if these dealers are buying all the wet to dry themselves to cash in big at the end of the year or they are legit. They all know each other here and compete with one another. I don't know what the real story is, anyones guess....

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32684

K_duce wrote:

thanks for the update,
wow a 5.2-1 wet/dry ratio
not buying the chinese story now.
Looks like the diggers have found a new way to get skinned.

K-duce...buy the Chinese story. I had an international dealer in Monday....its true.

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32685

BCastle...... so around $650.00 is the highest we r gonna see this season? well, here in NC cause I got that number from another one as well, most dealers here aren't buying at all... hmmm... sucks....

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32688

NCSmokiesanger,

I'm not saying that at all.

I don't know what will happen. In my experience, any time I have to rely on someone else to do something, the odds that I'll be surprised or wrong are usually pretty good though.

I hope the buyers come in and the market gets back on track for the season. I am only suggesting to K-duce that I have information which supports the position that Chinese buyers are just not buying at this point.

I have no idea what they are going to do other than speculation. The key thing to remember is that anyone who is speculating has to do it to the tune of around $20 million or more to keep the market on track in the country. Right now, no one is stepping up to that risk based only on speculation.

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32694

Guys just keep holding your seng. The dealers are just yanking your chain.
Ginseng is retailing from 2400-3000 on every us based ginseng site on the web. Most of the websites are sold out of alot of root. Yeah information is easy to come by.

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32695

K_duce wrote:

Guys just keep holding your seng. The dealers are just yanking your chain.
Ginseng is retailing from 2400-3000 on every us based ginseng site on the web. Most of the websites are sold out of alot of root. Yeah information is easy to come by.

So let me ask you directly K-duce... are you saying I'm LYING? Or do you want to rephrase?

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32696

I have no idea what you are doing brad,

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32697

K_duce wrote:

I have no idea what you are doing brad,

Then you should be very careful what sort of things you say.

If you have websites that suggest my information (and that of my buyers') is in error, please post them so I can see them also.

I am so completely astounded every year how speculation based on NOTHING makes reasonable people into complete ...never mind

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 147 guests and no members online

Login