2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14

Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #32927

I called about a dozen dealers and got 5 to answer and quote a price. Prices dry are ranging from $525 to $600. One dealer told me his buyer won't even call him back. I sure hope it picks up and I hope this helps. Another guy said it is due to the unrest in HK and that it may go back up once it gets settled down. GOD BLESS

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #32967

Thanks for the info.Hopefully it will pick up What part of kentucky you in hawk84

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #32971

Greenup county the very northeastern tip bordering ohio and west Virginia. You a Kentuckian?

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #32974

Yep from pikeville

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #32975

That's not to far from me, how's the ginseng hunting in your area, I never really noticed if there were any large hills.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #32976

Perry county here, the seng is pretty much gone..I went sunday and dug a few ounces, still a little time but not much

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #32979

I would sure like to go again but last week the only two I found were in rough shape and it has rained since.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #32980

Nothing but big hills here hawk84.I went yesterday and found 15 ounces ginseng here is just turning yellow and in good shape to find.proablly got two more weeks of good hunting left here.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #32983

I sure wish that were the case here, I'm right by the Ohio river I wonder if that may play a role. Also the last place I went I hunted pretty hard this year I'm kinda wondering if I went to a different spot further out in the country if I may still have time.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #32985

After it frosted here the leaves fell off and covered alot up, my last trip I only found one that was kinda green and the rest was yellow..the rain wont let up here so im just gonna hang the digger up and call it a year.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 76 guests and no members online

Login