2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #33386

my latest info is that the market has lots of small inmature stick root left over from last year so this year there only wanting to buy larger mountain root to try and bring up the quality of the lot so if you have larger ginseng with no small root you stand a better chance of getting a decent price if you have lots of little inmature root sorry about your luck but then you shoulnt of dug it to begain with. prices not off much for the best quality root from last year in the right place but other wise i dont know

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #33393

Leebros!
You're exactly right. Why people dig small immature roots is just crazy.
If only people would just dig mature roots,plant the berries back there would always be nice seng to dig.
I think it's an IQ thing.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 4 months ago #33489

I know I'm in PA and not Kentucky, but I'll throw my .02 cents in. I called a dealer approx 100 miles away from me, and he said he'd only give $400 right now, and then he recommended that I wait another 3-4 weeks. He all but guaranteed he'd be paying better prices in another month. (although he didn't say what that price would be)

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 4 months ago #33495

find a new dealer pa has some of the biggest exporters in the country like herseys and tna wildginseng. tna does have prices on there website if your ginseng meets thier high standerds that could be the place

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 4 months ago #33506

prices in ky at paintsville stockyard 550 to 625 for good seng,,5 ginseng dealers was buying,2 dealers say its going up but slow Thanks James and hawk for posting prices wish people in Ohio would do the same.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 4 months ago #33518

I actually had a such a bad year that I don't have any to sell anyways, I was just calling around to see what people are paying. I'm hoping to do better next year. This year I only dug 10 roots, and ended up just replanting them back a little closer to home to dig up another year.

Leebros! wrote:

find a new dealer pa has some of the biggest exporters in the country like herseys and tna wildginseng. tna does have prices on there website if your ginseng meets thier high standerds that could be the place

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 384 guests and no members online

Login