2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33400

Well I broke down a sold a little today.... prices in NC are $700.00 dry and $180.00 green (wet). I still have the monsters put away for the November high prices....if it decides to get up to that again. Figured I'd sell one of my dry pounds at this price just in case this is the top price this season, just to say I did...lol... Oh and the Asian buyers are being VERY VERY picky this year. I was told that dealers are examining roots and twirls very closely and turned a lot of people away because their roots were to small or no dug well and chopped all to hell. Thank God I take care of mine throughout the whole process. Hope you all have a good sell soon and I'll keep the NC updates in my neck of the woods coming weekly... Take care all...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33401

Yeah I've heard the same thing. Dealer I've been talking to is still at 700 also. Sais if it goes up in the next few weeks it would be very little 10-15 a week possible. Also said definitely gonna be a record dig and that it would hurt prices next yr even more because of so much that could be bought this yr. Guesses prices to top around 500 next yr. This guy been a dealer for over 30 yrs and knows his stuff well. Said if does break the 800 mark again this yr it would be after Thanksgiving, but won't come close to last yrs high of 1200. Sais that could be a few yrs before that number comes anywhere close to that again. Cross your fingers

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33403

xl seng wrote:

Yeah I've heard the same thing. Dealer I've been talking to is still at 700 also. Sais if it goes up in the next few weeks it would be very little 10-15 a week possible. Also said definitely gonna be a record dig and that it would hurt prices next yr even more because of so much that could be bought this yr. Guesses prices to top around 500 next yr. This guy been a dealer for over 30 yrs and knows his stuff well. Said if does break the 800 mark again this yr it would be after Thanksgiving, but won't come close to last yrs high of 1200. Sais that could be a few yrs before that number comes anywhere close to that again. Cross your fingers

dont live in north carolina and dont reckon i ever dug a oz of sang there but if thats what it does in va it will be quite a few yrs before they get one ounce of my sang..we work hard to dig what we do..between me and my partner we have over 10 lbs dry now and prob a couple more not dry yet of the most beautiful wildest sang in southwest va and it will rot in my freezer before they get it for less that 1,000..

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33404

xl seng wrote:

I hear ya on that one. I am starting to hear the same story from everywhere. $800 will be a comfort area I believe for the buyers this year. Last years $1250 is what I got for a dry pound. This year maybe $800...next year you sound about right at $500. This year has been a crazy year. My dealer has been buying sang for a very long time and Ive been dealing with the same one for 8 years. Freaked them out to..lol... We will see....

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33418

I hear ya on that one. I am starting to hear the same story from everywhere. $800 will be a comfort area I believe for the buyers this year. Last years $1250 is what I got for a dry pound. This year maybe $800...next year you sound about right at $500. This year has been a crazy year. My dealer has been buying sang for a very long time and Ive been dealing with the same one for 8 years. Freaked them out to..lol... We will see....[/quote]

last yr i got 1450 for 13lb..i have had the same buyer for prob 15 yrs and he takes care of us and we always sell alot and all at once...he told me a couple weeks ago not to worry about it this yr that he would pay me good enough..but he warned me about next yr already

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33419

What county are you selling in the buyer I've been talking to is in boone is it close to that area. I'm wondering if we are talking about the same buyer...

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33422

? hey xl seng.... whom was that to? just curious..I didn't know if I should answer or ridgerunner...lol..lol

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33436

Hey NCSmokiesanger
It was for you. I'm in stokes county. Guy I've been talking to is in boone and a place also in Fleetwood wherever that's at. The prices we are getting are the same wondering if we are talking bout same guy.

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33438

xl seng wrote:

Hey NCSmokiesanger
It was for you. I'm in stokes county. Guy I've been talking to is in boone and a place also in Fleetwood wherever that's at. The prices we are getting are the same wondering if we are talking bout same guy.

I am in Haywood county, Waynesville, NC. West of Asheville. No the dealer I have been dealing with for the past 8 years lives here. I call all 3 dealers for prices but stay loyal to the one for selling. I am moving to Hickory this spring... hope the sang is good up there as it is here....

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33447

Don't know how good the 'sang is near hickory, however appreciate you guys keep us here in NC posted!

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Who's Online

We have 306 guests and no members online

Login