2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33454

no problem brother!! this what we do, right! lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33480

Hey NCSmokiesanger does your dealer pay more for big narly old roots not as a group but let's say you have a dry root that weighs over 20 grams has nice age and narly and not chopped or cut up. Would he pay good prices for individual like that or just throws them in with the rest and pays a few more dollars per pound. Also old roots 40+ yr old does he pull those out and pay individual for them. I'm just wondering, it looks like now is a lot different than was 20 yrs ago when I just throwed it in a bag and didn't matter if it was broke up or not. I do take care of my roots now and have over a lb of roots that are nice bulby and narly roots approximately 30+ yr old. To me that should be a high priced lb. Just asking for your thoughts and what you know. I'm not a newby been a digger off and on for about 23 yrs just a newby on here and to this new market of ginseng. This is first yr I've dug since 2008 and have just planted Berry's off my spots last few yrs and this yr I dug quite a bit of nice sang and am keeping it from being broke up. Can a big old root bring good money or are they gonna go by weight and and a few dollars to by the lb. Thanks for any suggestions

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33482

Hey XL Seng.... yeah man my dealer n I were actually talking about this the other day when I sold a dry pound. Said that any extraordinary roots with old long twirls or absolutely huge freakish roots will pay extra money for. Won't go through the seng to find it, but if you bring it separate and ready to present the money is there if its something of unordinary interest.. I had a 72 yr old bud scar root that was given extra attention to by my person.

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33505

It's my understanding that when you go to sell, have that big/old stuff packaged excluded from the rest. Get the best price you can for the rest, then trot out the big/old stuff. Sell it by itself, and ask for the higher per pound price --that it is worth!

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33553

NCSmokiesanger..
Any different news today on prices.
I kept getting a busy signal today from the guy I've been talking to.

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33556

xl seng wrote:

NCSmokiesanger..

XL seng.... naw brother, prices remain the same as of today. Its at a stand still it seems. The frost n snow have come and all the plants r dead n gone. So the season is at an end. The prices usually start to go up mid Novemeber, especially this year due to the early winter. Green will be non existent. Dry will be all there is now so the demand should rise hopefully here in a few weeks. I know I don't want to sell another pound for 700, but who are we to decide pricing? If I hear any different I will post it immediately...

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33557

NCSmokiesanger wrote:

xl seng wrote:

NCSmokiesanger..

XL seng.... naw brother, prices remain the same as of today. Its at a stand still it seems. The frost n snow have come and all the plants r dead n gone. So the season is at an end. The prices usually start to go up mid Novemeber, especially this year due to the early winter. Green will be non existent. Dry will be all there is now so the demand should rise hopefully here in a few weeks. I know I don't want to sell another pound for 700, but who are we to decide pricing? If I hear any different I will post it immediately...

here in ky right now is 600.00 a pound I be happy with 700.00 a pound

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33561

Called Phillips in bakersville this morning $700 and up for top quality.
Called carolina bait in canton this morning $740
Called richard smith in north cove also this morning up to $750 top pay

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33562

Called Phillips in bakersville this morning $700 and up for top quality.
Called carolina bait in canton this morning $740
Called richard smith in north cove also this morning up to $750 top pay

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33567

i live about 15 minutes from Carolina bait... she usually has the around the same price as my dealer. At least it went up a tad bit.. Its gonna start rising by mid month, I always wait till after turkey day... usually at its peak then drops back down again

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 480 guests and no members online

Login