2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: 15.3 oz today - found some 4 prongs - decent first trip

Re:15.3 oz today - found some 4 prongs - decent first trip 12 years 8 months ago #11821

And last one - here is a pic of the pile on my digital scales.

It started off nice this morning early but got bad hot later on.

I was sure glad the hollow I was in had a slick rock spring creek in it. I drunk both of my gator-aid's and lots of creek water too.

Got sore feet and tired legs now, but that will get better as I get to hunt more.

Hope you all have a Great Weekend !

TNhunter
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:15.3 oz today - found some 4 prongs - decent first trip 12 years 8 months ago #11823

Hey Tn!,

My hat's off to you man. Great digging.

I got out this morning, picked and planted about 100 red berries, plus I planted 1/2 lb of stratified seed.

Had a little rain late yesterday and made the ground nice and loose.

rootman

Re:15.3 oz today - found some 4 prongs - decent first trip 12 years 8 months ago #11831

nosedowneyesopen,

Good Luck to you today !

rootman,

I planted a bunch of berries today too. Not sure how many but I would say at least 100 possibly more.

Glad someone is getting some rain and way to go on getting some stratified seed planted already.

All - - - one more Pic for today !

I was not at it long this morning and started feeling that old familliar stinging itch (poison ivy) on my right arm. Not far up the hollow I found a nice patch of jewel weed and picked some, crushed it and rubbed that sap on the sting/itch and WOW it stopped immediatly.

First time I have ever tried that and well did not even know aobut it until someone here mentioned it.

I brought some of it home to and I'm cooking me up some jewell weed tea. I saw a guy on youtube do it. You put 1.5 qt of water in a pot and get it to a boil, then cut up your jewel weed and put it in. Turn it down and let it simmer for 20 minutes, then cool and pour it into a jar and you can keep it in the fridge and use it as needed later on.

Now I have something to take care of the poison ivy :-)

TNhunter
Attachments:

Re:15.3 oz today - found some 4 prongs - decent first trip 12 years 8 months ago #11832

TNhunter,

I'd heard of jewelweed for poison ivy but had forgotten about it.

rootman

Re:15.3 oz today - found some 4 prongs - decent first trip 12 years 8 months ago #11833

TN

Great job...nice roots..Glad you had fun...

Jewelweed is great stuff.I use it all the time.Works on burns and bug bites too..

I mentioned that I rub it on before digging near poison ivy.It works and it seams to be everywhere.It's a handy little plant......

I never seen it boiled tho...Great tip....

Re:15.3 oz today - found some 4 prongs - decent first trip 12 years 8 months ago #11838

FTB,

Check out the youtube vid below.

It shows how to cook it down to a tea so you can keep it for longer term use.

I did it just like that guy says.

TNhunter

Re:15.3 oz today - found some 4 prongs - decent first trip 12 years 8 months ago #11840

TNhunter wrote:

FTB,

Check out the youtube vid below.

It shows how to cook it down to a tea so you can keep it for longer term use.

I did it just like that guy says.

TNhunter

Tn

I'm gonna have to try that.It seams it would work.

Thanks..Frank

Re:15.3 oz today - found some 4 prongs - decent first trip 12 years 8 months ago #11842

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Excellent day Tn congrats bro.In that photo of the necks the second one from the left in the photo resembles a bee`s stinger :)

Billy.

Re:15.3 oz today - found some 4 prongs - decent first trip 12 years 8 months ago #11850

from what ive seen out scoutin round here in NE KY only a few have red berries so far, nothin like the ones in the pics

Re:15.3 oz today - found some 4 prongs - decent first trip 12 years 8 months ago #11851

anyone got a pic of the jewel weed?

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Who's Online

We have 98 guests and no members online

Login