2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: pictures from this seasons start in south western ky

pictures from this seasons start in south western ky 12 years 7 months ago #12696

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:pictures from this seasons start in south western ky 12 years 7 months ago #12706

Real nice ones fisherman!
were in ky. are you located?

Re:pictures from this seasons start in south western ky 12 years 7 months ago #12727

Ten ky state line in christian co. What did youthink about my digger and thefive pronged

Re:pictures from this seasons start in south western ky 12 years 7 months ago #12749

Ten ky state line in christian co. What did youthink about my digger and thefive pronged

Re:pictures from this seasons start in south western ky 12 years 7 months ago #12813

Well i always wondered if there was any root in those hills down around nashville i guess you answered that question ...lol
Those 5 prongs are hard to come by i have only found 4 in 20 plus years of hunting.
Im north of ya in Illinois

Re:pictures from this seasons start in south western ky 12 years 7 months ago #12843

ive found 35lbs fresh this year since 01sept11 during the spring i mushroom hunt for morels and use gps to mark what i find
this year i have found over 200 lbs of black,greyand yellow morels. summer is just to get out in the woods scout for deer and also mark ginseng. ive been pretty successful at it and i started a couple years ago wild simulating....we will see how that works out for me. i ran into some problems with blight because i think i had too much growing in an area but it kinda worked itself out cuz this year no problems. i have about 5 acres planted and should be ready in about 6 yrs. where at in ill are you located. i grew up in the shawnee national forest around glendale il.

Re:pictures from this seasons start in south western ky 12 years 7 months ago #12844

btw the 5 prong is alive and well i am going to use it for seeding purposes the root was 38 yrs old and weighed 63 grams!!!!!!!!!!!

Re:pictures from this seasons start in south western ky 12 years 7 months ago #12857

Fisherman797,
35 lbs fresh is amazing!!! I am heading out to a new spot tomorrow and I hope to find some. I would be happy with a couple lbs. It is always fun to hit an new spot. My brother hooked me up with a land owner that has 500 acres of woods and my brother thinks about 150 acres are possibly good for seng. I will not know until I try. My brother is a deer hunter and is one of the few that is allowed to hunt this property and the owner is letting me in to seng hunt which is a first my brother said. So it could be a heck of a day or a total bust.
Hope to post some pics. lol
Latt

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Who's Online

We have 79 guests and no members online

Login