2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders will be accepted on May 1st for pre-determined shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders will be accepted on May 1st for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: where should i look? im in NY

where should i look? im in NY 12 years 7 months ago #12927

i live in Greene NY, a small town near the city of Binghamton NY

i was wondering where i should begin to look if i was looking to find ginseng growing wild.(on my own property of course)

i have searched google countless times and all i have got is \"on the northern sides of hardwood forests\"

any tips?
-thanks, Aaron

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:where should i look? im in NY 12 years 7 months ago #13043

The north facing slope is a good place to start, but as far north as you are I'd say any where from NE to Western facing slopes would be good. Look for areas of the hardwood forest that contain maple or poplar trees. Also you need to familiarize yourself with companion plants such as maidenhair ferns, cohosh, jack-in-the-pulpit, goldenseal, wild ginger etc. If you can find several of these companion plants near the maple and poplar trees, chances are good that ginseng may be growing nearby. Good luck to you.

Re:where should i look? im in NY 12 years 7 months ago #13055

thank you for the response :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

Who's Online

We have 297 guests and no members online

Login