2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: (Pike Co Ky) Its gonna be a short season( Now with pics)

(Pike Co Ky) Its gonna be a short season( Now with pics) 11 years 7 months ago #19430

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I went out this morning to my honey hole that always produces good seng year after year. I was shocked to find what I did find after about 4 hours of steep mountains and deep hollows and covering about 2 miles of ground I only found 12 bunches. I went high at first looking for the big stuff and I did find 1 or 2 but its almost gone already. When I dropped below 1200 feet I did find some good looking seng. This is gonna be a bad year for me I can tell already. This place ALWAYS produces for me and it shocked me that I only found 12. I once went to this place and dug over a pound in one trip. Last year I went 2 times and dug almost a pound dry. This year its not looking good for the home team. I hope the pics post the ones that are almost gone are for up high. The better looking plants are from when I dropped down lower on the mountain.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:(Pike Co Ky) Its gonna be a short season 11 years 7 months ago #19431

How do I post pics? It tells me my pics are to big...
Attachments:

Re:(Pike Co Ky) Its gonna be a short season 11 years 7 months ago #19433

Re:(Pike Co Ky) Its gonna be a short season 11 years 7 months ago #19439

there s a post on the top of the forum this tells u what u need to do look foward to seeing ur pics hootowlman

Re:(Pike Co Ky) Its gonna be a short season 11 years 7 months ago #19460

This is 2 I found when I went back down the mtn. I dug the 4 and left 3 for seed.
Attachments:

Re:(Pike Co Ky) Its gonna be a short season 11 years 7 months ago #19461

Attachments:

Re:(Pike Co Ky) Its gonna be a short season 11 years 7 months ago #19462

Up high seng. You can't tell it from the pic but this was a 3 prong and was the first bunch I found after 1 hour of looking. I also found all kinds of small 2's and 1's with nothing else around them.
Attachments:

Re:(Pike Co Ky) Its gonna be a short season 11 years 7 months ago #19463

What I found after 4 hours and 2 miles later.The v looking root in the middle is the 4 prong
Attachments:

Re:(Pike Co Ky) Its gonna be a short season 11 years 7 months ago #19464

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Who's Online

We have 359 guests and no members online

Login