2017 Fall/Winter Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping until sold out. Order your seed today!
* Ginseng Rootlets: SOLD OUT
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: How many people carry?

How many people carry? 4 years 2 months ago #23719

Kinda off topic, but I am curious how many carry a pistol or firearm in the woods? I have a number of rifles and pistols but I usually don't carry with me in the woods... Always in my truck tho.

Due to the increasing number of murders and crazy people out there I am thinking of carring with me at all times. I do have my carry permit

Thinking of purchasing a 357 snub nose

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:How many people carry? 4 years 2 months ago #23721

I agree with you about the crazy people, you never know when someone will start shooting in wal mart or the grocery store. I have my ccw and carry concealed in the jacket wearing months, and I almost always open carry in warmer weather when it is hard to cover. I never go digging without it.

Re:How many people carry? 4 years 2 months ago #23722

I always carry up in the mountains. Lot's of bear and moose, nothing worse than getting to close to momma and her young.

Re:How many people carry? 4 years 2 months ago #23725

I'm usually packing when I head to the woods. I've spent a lot of times in the woods over the years and have never needed it. Hope I never do either, but like to have it just in case. I did shoot AT a yote once..... thats the only time I remember having it out of the holster while in the woods.

Re:How many people carry? 4 years 2 months ago #23774

Have carried in Wisconsin (open carry) for many years. When doing varmint control a .357 with 158 grain bullets did not impress me. I now carry a .41 magnum 4 inch revolver as it is close to a .44 magnum and not too heavy. A 180 grain bullet in .357 might be OK but in the two .357 snubbies I own for concealed carry a 125 grain bullet is more accurate, and easier to shoot in a lighter pistol.

Re:How many people carry? 4 years 2 months ago #23788

Will definitely carry with us next time -- Killed a 5 foot rattle snake with our walking stick a few weeks ago -- and needed one to scare a bear if we happen to come across one - and yes there are the \"Crazies\" out there too.

Re:How many people carry? 4 years 2 months ago #23791

A pump action 12 guage is always on my back and close at hand when diggin. Never had to use it to kill anything but I have used it with bangers.
I also like to bring my CZ .22 for entertainment during breaks.

Guy

Re:How many people carry? 4 years 2 months ago #23794

I carry religiously in public but out in the woods I feel I am in my element there. I would never let anyone get close enough to me out there. Bears that I have happened upon countless times do what they naturally do in Sept. Flea and continue on foraging for berries and what not. I do carry a knife though.

Re:How many people carry? 4 years 2 months ago #23851

I always carry when iam in the woods,i stay for a week at a time when ginseng season comes in.

Re:How many people carry? 4 years 2 months ago #23852

Absolutely and always...especially in the woods. Before I became a cop, I always carried in the woods. Once I got a CHL, I carried everywhere I can, and now that I'm a cop, carry everywhere all the time.

Someone mentioned a 357 snubby. Let me mention this to everyone. Take a close look at the Smith & Wesson 22mag snubby.

Here is one of their offerings:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_764925_-1_757767_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Why 22 magnum? Easy. It is a rifle round. It has speeds faster than most pistol calibers, is heavier than a 22lr, and there is NO noticeable recoil. Seven shots as fast as you can pull the trigger. And, the fireball leaving the muzzle is enough to scare nearly anything.

I always figured if I were carrying my P22 (22 lr) or a 22mag...if I needed to use it, I would empty the 10 of the P22 or the 7 of the mag and then we could still fight if they want to ;)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

Who's Online

We have 222 guests and one member online