2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-determined shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Appalachian District

Appalachian District 9 years 8 months ago #29373

Hello fellow Seng Hunters!
Hope everyone is doing well. So I have a question. I was lucky enough to get a permit for the Appalachian District. I have always hunted around Marion NC with very little luck. My dilemma is I know nothing about the Appalachian National Forest Area. I know its like asking where is your pot of gold...but I am going to rely on the common decency of folks. Can any one give me an idea of the boundaries of the Appalachian District and have you heard of any good areas in that district. If I find alot I will share... well I would. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you and happy hunting!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Appalachian District 9 years 8 months ago #29386

Jelliott,
I was just up there on the Tennessee side this morning. I believe that is Madison and Haywood Counties. I tried to apply for a permit there , but I was a few days too late. I'll make a deal with you. I'll go with you to advise you for I/2 the spoil?:laugh: This is the area that one of the other members is looking for some property and it has great soil for growing ginseng. That area is where I hunted last year on the Tennessee side. Good luck.

Hugh

Re:Appalachian District 9 years 8 months ago #29393

Thanks Hugh. Could you contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.? Thanks

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

Who's Online

We have 385 guests and no members online

Login