2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Vermont Rules.

New Vermont Rules. 9 years 8 months ago #29496

I talked to \"Vermont\" as he is known on this site and he said the new rules for digging seng in Vermont( Sept 1 start and 10 year old or older) have been passed as law in the legislature and he was pretty sure that these rules were going into effect this year. Well, here it is 10 days before the normal start date and I have yet to get anything from the state to inform us. Has anyone seen anything yet?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:New Vermont Rules. 9 years 8 months ago #29520

maya wrote:

I talked to \"Vermont\" as he is known on this site and he said the new rules for digging seng in Vermont( Sept 1 start and 10 year old or older) have been passed as law in the legislature and he was pretty sure that these rules were going into effect this year. Well, here it is 10 days before the normal start date and I have yet to get anything from the state to inform us. Has anyone seen anything yet?

maya,

I don't know how up to date this site and it's information is but it says the Harvesting Season there is from August 20th to October 10th. It might be best to make some calls!

agriculture.vermont.gov/plant_pest/ginseng_certification

Frank

Re:New Vermont Rules. 9 years 8 months ago #29527

Ya, thanks Frank. I don't think they have updated it. I just wanted to see if anyone had received notice yet.

Re:New Vermont Rules. 9 years 8 months ago #29759

Well here it is, the day before season here, and still no notice, so I called the Ag dept. They did pass the new regs , but they do not go into effect until next year. Happy digging tomorrow Vters! Oh, and there is one more new rule. There is a $20 fee, but if you are good until your license is due agian. Every 5 years as I recall.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds

Who's Online

We have 228 guests and no members online

Login