2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Email and response from USDA forest service

Email and response from USDA forest service 9 years 8 months ago #29919

I cannot understand why there was no information or update for the 2014 Ginseng harvest season. If there was I apologize. You have good stewards like me who obey the laws and there was no notification or information that last years moratorium was going to carry over. It is unacceptable. I live across the state and far from the district I harvest ginseng in so it was harder for me to find out till now.

Response:

Thank you for contacting the USDA Forest Service.

We do apologize for that issue. Thank you for being a GREAT steward, however, we are working on that problem.

Thank you
LH
Have an Adventurous Day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Email and response from USDA forest service 9 years 8 months ago #29925

LJ125 wrote:

I cannot understand why there was no information or update for the 2014 Ginseng harvest season. If there was I apologize. You have good stewards like me who obey the laws and there was no notification or information that last years moratorium was going to carry over. It is unacceptable. I live across the state and far from the district I harvest ginseng in so it was harder for me to find out till now.

Response:

Thank you for contacting the USDA Forest Service.

We do apologize for that issue. Thank you for being a GREAT steward, however, we are working on that problem.

Thank you
LH
Have an Adventurous Day

I am very sorry that you were unable to obtain a Ginseng Harvesting Permit this year! It appears from the real lack of concern in their reply, that this should and may be an Automatic Email Reply to inquiries on Ginseng Harvest Permitting.

It appears that ever since 2012, they have intentionally moved the notification for requesting permits for Ginseng Harvesting in the North Carolina National Forests at least one month each year. I finally found the notifications in the \"News & Events\" Section. In 2012 the notice was issued August 14th, in 2013 it was issued June 20th and in 2014, it was issued May 27th.

www.fs.usda.gov/detail/nfsnc/news-events/?cid=STELPRDB5385973

www.fs.usda.gov/detail/nfsnc/news-events/?cid=STELPRDB5425006

www.fs.usda.gov/detail/nfsnc/news-events/?cid=STELPRD3801874

Frank

Re:Email and response from USDA forest service 9 years 8 months ago #29941

Thank you Frank. I don't know how I missed that. I am gonna try to be optimistic about this whole thing

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

Who's Online

We have 362 guests and no members online

Login