2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Day 4 2014( Hobler)

Day 4 2014( Hobler) 9 years 7 months ago #30344

Got a few more nice ones there was plenty more but thunder storm ran me out of woods. I won't lie I almost crapped my pants had lighting hit so close that the thunder deafened me n I hit the ground. :woohoo:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Day 4 2014( Hobler) 9 years 7 months ago #30345

Heading out on a three day camping/digging trip tomorrow to new land my partner got 2000 acres to search. Hope there's some there. Wish me luck.

Re:Day 4 2014( Hobler) 9 years 7 months ago #30347

Nice sang Hobler. Glad you made it out ok.

Re:Day 4 2014( Hobler) 9 years 7 months ago #30348

Good luck its always fun finding new spots

Re:Day 4 2014( Hobler) 9 years 7 months ago #30491

Well camping/digging trip was a bust no good ground at all n today mother nature gave us a big wet kiss good bye. Back to the honey hole tomorrow. Had a good place to camp had fun by the fire enjoying the time out.

Re:Day 4 2014( Hobler) 9 years 7 months ago #30492

Hobler666shang wrote:

Well camping/digging trip was a bust no good ground at all n today mother nature gave us a big wet kiss good bye. Back to the honey hole tomorrow. Had a good place to camp had fun by the fire enjoying the time out.

Yep, It sure dont grow everywhere... Ive trecked a lot of miles in my life without anything in the bag to show for it :) Glad you made the best of it and ad a nice camping trip...

Re:Day 4 2014( Hobler) 9 years 7 months ago #30498

Sorry Hobler that the new spot was a bust! I am sure you will find more than what is in your' honey hole! Now, if I could just find a place to hunt and dig seng. Although I have been planting seeds on my brother-in-laws newphew's land as I want to get a fairly heavy crop going and have a lot of seed producing 4's and 3's to use for planting, I may just have to go there and look for the real source of the original Wild seng in this location. I believe that it is either on or near the very top of the hollow on one on the ridges or it came from across the mountain and animals brought the seed in.

Frank

Re:Day 4 2014( Hobler) 9 years 7 months ago #30843

Yep, It sure dont grow everywhere... Ive trecked a lot of miles in my life without anything in the bag to show for it :) Glad you made the best of it and ad a nice camping trip...

That's for sure. I think my track record shows I find seng about 1 out of 8 times I venture into the woods. Many times I've been skunked and went home grumpy.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

Who's Online

We have 247 guests and no members online

Login