2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: ode to the ginsenger

ode to the ginsenger 9 years 7 months ago #30354

Up yonder an wise old ginsenger lies safe in his grave, torn down by the passage of time and the rugged mountains he climbed, written there on his stone if theres ginseng in heaven lord please take me home. thought of this leaned against a tree during a downpour today and thought id share god bless

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ode to the ginsenger 9 years 7 months ago #30371

I like it! Nothing like it to me :)

Re:ode to the ginsenger 9 years 7 months ago #30389

Leebros! wrote:

Up yonder an wise old ginsenger lies safe in his grave, torn down by the passage of time and the rugged mountains he climbed, written there on his stone if theres ginseng in heaven lord please take me home. thought of this leaned against a tree during a downpour today and thought id share god bless

It's funny that you wrote this \"Ode to the Ginsenger\"! Back in 1972 (I believe) and while my Dad was still able to get around pretty good, we went senging way back in some deep woods in the mountains (the foothills of the Smokies but not in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park). About a hundred yards or more up the side of a steep mountain, we came across a grave marked only with a stone on a flat spot which may have been a root hole from where a tree fell long before the person died. I have often thought back to that day and that grave and wondered if the person buried there was a Senger, a Moonshiner or a Bear Hunter. The grave appeared to be really, really old and who knows but Davy Crockett may have buried this person there. One of these days I may go back to re-visit the spot and may even notify the authorities of the grave's existence.

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

Who's Online

We have 685 guests and no members online

Login