2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Today's Scout

Today's Scout 9 years 7 months ago #30485

Had only about 2 hours to work with this morning so I decided to scout out a few new spots. I did run into a small patch of sang and yellowroot right before I was ready to leave and I had to bring out just a little. Seemed like a $1 day, haha. Hope everyone is having a safe and successful season thus far. Good luck to all!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Today's Scout 9 years 7 months ago #30486

Very nice roots brother!! glad to see you had a good day, and love the character of those bulby root....be safe.

Re:Today's Scout 9 years 7 months ago #30488

Congrats on some nice seng roots and Goldenseal roots as well!

Frank

Re:Today's Scout 9 years 7 months ago #30507

You did a good job digging and washing what you dug. I dont know how long youve been digging, but those three little ones needed to stay in the ground. Not trying to knock what you did, but those three small roots are close to not being old enough for harvest. If they are old enough, you would be better off to have left them. In ten years they would have made a nice product.

Re:Today's Scout 9 years 7 months ago #30543

Vabuyer,

The smallest three were legal and dug for personal consumption. Thank you for your compliment on the digging/washing. Have a safe and successful season!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

Who's Online

We have 281 guests and no members online

Login